Weblink displays the same picture, even though change the experiment

Author
Rosalux
Respected Member (317 reputation)Respected Member (317 reputation)Respected Member (317 reputation)Respected Member (317 reputation)Respected Member (317 reputation)Respected Member (317 reputation)Respected Member (317 reputation)Respected Member (317 reputation)Respected Member (317 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dear Community,

I startet an Inquisit Webscript which is in the testing-phase rightnow. The script works. After updating one of the pictures displayed in the study, the link still directs me to the old picture. What can I do? I cleaned the internet cache and waited for some hours, it still shows me the old picture. I also tried changing the script and renaming the picture, it didnt work eather. I even deleted one script (the main script is referring to a row of other scripts), but the link would still work. What is wrong here?
Im happy about any new ideas...
Rosalux

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Rosalux - Wednesday, April 24, 2019
Dear Community,

I startet an Inquisit Webscript which is in the testing-phase rightnow. The script works. After updating one of the pictures displayed in the study, the link still directs me to the old picture. What can I do? I cleaned the internet cache and waited for some hours, it still shows me the old picture. I also tried changing the script and renaming the picture, it didnt work eather. I even deleted one script (the main script is referring to a row of other scripts), but the link would still work. What is wrong here?
Rosalux

Happy to take a look, but to do this I would need:
(1) The link to the study.
(2) Both pictures (old and new, please make clear which is which). You can attach them here by clicking +Insert -> Add File.

Rosalux
Rosalux
Respected Member (317 reputation)Respected Member (317 reputation)Respected Member (317 reputation)Respected Member (317 reputation)Respected Member (317 reputation)Respected Member (317 reputation)Respected Member (317 reputation)Respected Member (317 reputation)Respected Member (317 reputation)
Dave - Wednesday, April 24, 2019
Dear Community,

Rosalux

(2) Both pictures (old and new, please make clear which is which). You can attach them here by clicking +Insert -> Add File.

Thank you for your quick answer!
The link to the experiment: https://mili2nd.co/v2mb

Here the new version, its longer, I added two sentences. I deleted the old version. It looks the same but doesnt contain the "Strg + Q" element.

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Dear Community,

Rosalux

Here the new version, its longer, I added two sentences. I deleted the old version. It looks the same but doesnt contain the "Strg + Q" element.

Thanks, checking into the issue right now and will update here as soon as possible.

Dave
Dave
Dear Community,

Rosalux

Thanks, checking into the issue right now and will update here as soon as possible.

Okay -- Could you give things a try from your end again now and let me know whether you're getting the correct image? From what I can tell, the mix-up was due to an edge cache that was slow to update and was still serving the outdated files. It should have picked up the correct, new files now. Thanks!

Rosalux
Rosalux
Dear Community,

Rosalux

Dear Dave,

thank you for trying to help. i just tried it again and it worked. I still dont know why. The upload of the new pictures an scripts hasnt been successfull. I tried it again without changing anything (as far as I can remember) and it worked.
I have an additional question, if you dont mind: I want to assign participants to 8 groups and created a script with batches to assign to groups (grouassignment = random). When uploading the script on te website, I get a chance to again randomly assign participants via the group id. Do I have to randomize both or is the group-id-randomization redundant? Are there any disadvantages in my studies quality if I assign subject ids sequential and put "groupassignment = subjectnumber"? It will be the easiest way to get equal sample sizes for my different conditions, right?

Thank you for your help!

Dave
Dave
Dear Community,

Rosalux

Dear Dave,

thank you for trying to help. i just tried it again and it worked. I still dont know why. The upload of the new pictures an scripts hasnt been successfull. I tried it again without changing anything (as far as I can remember) and it worked.
I have an additional question, if you dont mind: I want to assign participants to 8 groups and created a script with batches to assign to groups (grouassignment = random). When uploading the script on te website, I get a chance to again randomly assign participants via the group id. Do I have to randomize both or is the group-id-randomization redundant? Are there any disadvantages in my studies quality if I assign subject ids sequential and put "groupassignment = subjectnumber"? It will be the easiest way to get equal sample sizes for my different conditions, right?

Thank you for your help!

The group ID selections would only be relevant if you were to set /groupassignment = groupnumber to assign participants to conditions. They do not matter for /groupassignment = random.

If you want to ensure approximately equal distribution of participants across conditions, you should NOT use /groupassignment = random. Instead, as you indicated, use either /groupassignment = subjectnumber with sequential subject IDs, or use /groupassignment = groupnumber with the number of groups indicated in the web settings (this will work fine with either randomly (without replacement) generated group IDs or with sequential group IDs).

Rosalux
Rosalux
Dear Community,

Rosalux

Dear Dave,

Thank you for your help!

The group ID selections would only be relevant if you were to set /groupassignment = groupnumber to assign participants to conditions. They do not matter for /groupassignment = random.

If you want to ensure approximately equal distribution of participants across conditions, you should NOT use /groupassignment = random. Instead, as you indicated, use either /groupassignment = subjectnumber with sequential subject IDs, or use /groupassignment = groupnumber with the number of groups indicated in the web settings (this will work fine with either randomly (without replacement) generated group IDs or with sequential group IDs).

Thank you! I decided for sequential subject ids and assigning to the groub via subject id.
Have a nice evening!

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search