Question on Racism IAT

Author
mri2t
Partner Member (893 reputation)Partner Member (893 reputation)Partner Member (893 reputation)Partner Member (893 reputation)Partner Member (893 reputation)Partner Member (893 reputation)Partner Member (893 reputation)Partner Member (893 reputation)Partner Member (893 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
We have modified the Racism IAT slightly.   How do I make the pictures and labels appear on intro_pictureiat.htm?  Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments
ModifiedRacismIAT.zip (216 views, 76.00 KB)
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
mri2t - 6/2/2019
We have modified the Racism IAT slightly.   How do I make the pictures and labels appear on intro_pictureiat.htm?  Any help would be appreciated.

I'm not sure what you mean. The intro_pictureiat.htm file you attached displays the labels, items and images just fine:

Make sure you've stored the script and files locally, not on a network drive. The latter can lead to the images not being displayed under some circumstances.

mri2t
mri2t
Partner Member (893 reputation)Partner Member (893 reputation)Partner Member (893 reputation)Partner Member (893 reputation)Partner Member (893 reputation)Partner Member (893 reputation)Partner Member (893 reputation)Partner Member (893 reputation)Partner Member (893 reputation)
Dave - 6/3/2019
mri2t - 6/2/2019

I'm not sure what you mean. The intro_pictureiat.htm file you attached displays the labels, items and images just fine:

Make sure you've stored the script and files locally, not on a network drive. The latter can lead to the images not being displayed under some circumstances.

Thanks for the prompt reply, Dave.  This is what I see (see attached) on my end when the study is uploaded to Inquisit 5 Web.  The pictures will not appear.
Here is the launch page:
https://mili2nd.co/3bnb

Attachments
ModifiedRacismIAT_1.png (275 views, 38.00 KB)
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
mri2t - 6/4/2019
Dave - 6/3/2019
mri2t - 6/2/2019

Thanks for the prompt reply, Dave.  This is what I see (see attached) on my end when the study is uploaded to Inquisit 5 Web.  The pictures will not appear.
Here is the launch page:

If you're planning to run things on the web, make sure to always enter the file names of any images in all lowercase letters:

<item targetAlabel>
/1 = "White South African"
</item>

<item targetA>
/1 = "wf001.jpg"
/2 = "wf002.jpg"
/3 = "wf003.jpg"
/4 = "wf004.jpg"
/5 = "wf005.jpg"
/6 = "wf006.jpg"
/7 = "wf007.jpg"
/8 = "wf008.jpg"

</item>

<item targetBlabel>
/1 = "Black South African"
</item>

<item targetB>
/1 = "bf001.jpg"
/2 = "bf002.jpg"
/3 = "bf003.jpg"
/4 = "bf004.jpg"
/5 = "bf005.jpg"
/6 = "bf006.jpg"
/7 = "bf007.jpg"
/8 = "bf008.jpg"

</item>

I've fixed that on your behalf and the images should display fine now when you run your web experiment at https://mili2nd.co/3bnb

mri2t
mri2t
Dave - 6/4/2019
mri2t - 6/4/2019
Dave - 6/3/2019
mri2t - 6/2/2019

Here is the launch page:

If you're planning to run things on the web, make sure to always enter the file names of any images in all lowercase letters:

<item targetAlabel>
</item>

<item targetA>
/1 = "wf001.jpg"
/2 = "wf002.jpg"
/3 = "wf003.jpg"
/4 = "wf004.jpg"
/5 = "wf005.jpg"
/6 = "wf006.jpg"
/7 = "wf007.jpg"
/8 = "wf008.jpg"

</item>

<item targetBlabel>
</item>

<item targetB>
/1 = "bf001.jpg"
/2 = "bf002.jpg"
/3 = "bf003.jpg"
/4 = "bf004.jpg"
/5 = "bf005.jpg"
/6 = "bf006.jpg"
/7 = "bf007.jpg"
/8 = "bf008.jpg"

</item>

I've fixed that on your behalf and the images should display fine now when you run your web experiment at https://mili2nd.co/3bnb

Many thanks for the speedy response, Dave!  Your help is greatly appreciated.

mri2t
mri2t
mri2t - 6/5/2019
Dave - 6/4/2019
mri2t - 6/4/2019
Dave - 6/3/2019
mri2t - 6/2/2019

Here is the launch page:

<item targetAlabel>
</item>

<item targetA>
/1 = "wf001.jpg"
/2 = "wf002.jpg"
/3 = "wf003.jpg"
/4 = "wf004.jpg"
/5 = "wf005.jpg"
/6 = "wf006.jpg"
/7 = "wf007.jpg"
/8 = "wf008.jpg"

</item>

<item targetBlabel>
</item>

<item targetB>
/1 = "bf001.jpg"
/2 = "bf002.jpg"
/3 = "bf003.jpg"
/4 = "bf004.jpg"
/5 = "bf005.jpg"
/6 = "bf006.jpg"
/7 = "bf007.jpg"
/8 = "bf008.jpg"

</item>

Many thanks for the speedy response, Dave!  Your help is greatly appreciated.

mri2t
mri2t
Hi Dave,

I have another question w.r.t. the Race IAT and Age IAT.  Under "Experimental Set-Up", it says that "order is counterbalanced by groupnumber assignment".  How do I set this up in Inquisit 5 Web?
Under "Register Web Script" --> "Subject IDs" --> "Choose how the group id should be determined:", do I select "Random Selection with Replacement" and specify 2 under "Enter the total number of groups (if any) in the experiment?

Dave
Dave
mri2t - 6/13/2019
Hi Dave,

I have another question w.r.t. the Race IAT and Age IAT.  Under "Experimental Set-Up", it says that "order is counterbalanced by groupnumber assignment".  How do I set this up in Inquisit 5 Web?
Under "Register Web Script" --> "Subject IDs" --> "Choose how the group id should be determined:", do I select "Random Selection with Replacement" and specify 2 under "Enter the total number of groups (if any) in the experiment?

> Under "Register Web Script" --> "Subject IDs" --> "Choose how the group id should be determined:", do I select "Random Selection with Replacement" and specify 2 under "Enter the total number of groups (if any) in the experiment?

Yes, that's exactly right.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search