Adding stimulusframes after response

Author
thagregy
Partner Member (550 reputation)Partner Member (550 reputation)Partner Member (550 reputation)Partner Member (550 reputation)Partner Member (550 reputation)Partner Member (550 reputation)Partner Member (550 reputation)Partner Member (550 reputation)Partner Member (550 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi, I was wondering if it's possible to add stimulusframes after to a trial after the response has been given, also without ending the trial immediatley. I know it would be possible to branch to a new trial with the new stimulus, but is there any way to do it without a second trial.

For context, I'm making an Experiment with an Eylink Eyetracker using the Srresearch-Plugin. Participants have to read a text, that is split into multiple pages. Additionally every scentence is implemented as its own text element and there are multiple scentences shown per trial.
I'm using the Eyetracker as an inputdevice, with the correct response per trial being the last scentence that is shown in the specific trial. After the response is given I would like a video with a 10 second timer to appear an the trial remaining for the duration, so the participants have a chance to look over that part of the text one more time.

Thanks for any help!

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
thagregy - 7/8/2019
Hi, I was wondering if it's possible to add stimulusframes after to a trial after the response has been given, also without ending the trial immediatley. I know it would be possible to branch to a new trial with the new stimulus, but is there any way to do it without a second trial.

For context, I'm making an Experiment with an Eylink Eyetracker using the Srresearch-Plugin. Participants have to read a text, that is split into multiple pages. Additionally every scentence is implemented as its own text element and there are multiple scentences shown per trial.
I'm using the Eyetracker as an inputdevice, with the correct response per trial being the last scentence that is shown in the specific trial. After the response is given I would like a video with a 10 second timer to appear an the trial remaining for the duration, so the participants have a chance to look over that part of the text one more time.

Thanks for any help!

You can display a stimulus, such as the timer video, after response via /responsemessage, /errormessage or /correctmessage. For the previous stimuli (the <text> elements) to remain on-screen during that time, you will want to set their /erase attributes to false.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search