Conditional statements and captions

Author
psych101
Partner Member (859 reputation)Partner Member (859 reputation)Partner Member (859 reputation)Partner Member (859 reputation)Partner Member (859 reputation)Partner Member (859 reputation)Partner Member (859 reputation)Partner Member (859 reputation)Partner Member (859 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

I would appreciate any help with a couple of questions about changing the presentation on the screen based on conditional statements.

First, how could I conditionally change the colour of a caption, if a certain value (trialtype == 1) is met?

Under surveypages, I tried the following:
if (values.trialtype == 1) {
values.player_c = "you"; 
caption.c.txcolor = red}

This did not work as it did for the text in the forum response here: https://www.millisecond.com/forums/Topic16701.aspx

Is there any way to get around this?

In addition, I want to create a caption on the surveypage that only occurs if trialtype ==1 is met. Would I approach this the same way as I did above?

Thank you

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
psych101 - 8/7/2019
Hello,

I would appreciate any help with a couple of questions about changing the presentation on the screen based on conditional statements.

First, how could I conditionally change the colour of a caption, if a certain value (trialtype == 1) is met?

Under surveypages, I tried the following:
values.player_c = "you"; 
caption.c.txcolor = red}

This did not work as it did for the text in the forum response here: https://www.millisecond.com/forums/Topic16701.aspx

Is there any way to get around this?

In addition, I want to create a caption on the surveypage that only occurs if trialtype ==1 is met. Would I approach this the same way as I did above?

Thank you

Changing the color is not possible with captions. To make a caption appear or disappear conditionally, manipulate its position.

<caption mycaption>
/ caption = "Bla"
/ position = (values.x, values.y)
</caption>

<list trialtypes>
/ items = (1,1,0,0)
</list>

<values>
/ trialtype = 0
/ x = -10%
/ y = -10%
</values>

<surveypage mypage>
/ ontrialbegin = [
values.trialtype = list.trialtypes.nextvalue;
]
/ ontrialbegin = [
values.x = 40%;
values.y = 10%;
} else {
values.x = -10%;
values.y = -10%;
}
]
/ questions = [1=mycaption]
/ showpagenumbers = false
/ showquestionnumbers = false
</surveypage>

<block myblock>
/ trials = [1-4 = mypage]
</block>

Theoretically, you can use the same position-trick above to get your color-change effect. I.e. if trialtype is 1, move a caption with /txcolor = red on-screen (move it off-screen otherwise), if trialtype is not 1, move a different caption with /txcolor = black on-screen (move it off otherwise).

Edited 5 Years Ago by Dave
psych101
psych101
Partner Member (859 reputation)Partner Member (859 reputation)Partner Member (859 reputation)Partner Member (859 reputation)Partner Member (859 reputation)Partner Member (859 reputation)Partner Member (859 reputation)Partner Member (859 reputation)Partner Member (859 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thanks, Dave! This worked for both the cases I needed help with. 
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search