Misterious apparition of rectangles on the screen during a task

Author
Tylhi
Respected Member (386 reputation)Respected Member (386 reputation)Respected Member (386 reputation)Respected Member (386 reputation)Respected Member (386 reputation)Respected Member (386 reputation)Respected Member (386 reputation)Respected Member (386 reputation)Respected Member (386 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi, 

I'm creating a task on Inquisit 5, and I encounter a little problem. When I run my script, some rectangles (white or black) appear on the screen during the task, sometime they stay on the screen and sometime they deseapear...
I join to this topic two screen shot of my problem.
The black rectangle always appear below or above the man, and the white one always on the center of the picture.

This task is a Manikin task and it's work as explain below:
1 - Blank screen appears
2 - Fixation cross appears on the center of the screen
3 - The man appears on the top or on the bottom of the screen
4 - A picture appears on the center of the screen
5 - The user moves the man upward or downward (it's at this moment that de black rectangle appears)
6 - If the answer is true : nothing appen (in my case the white rectangle appears)
   - If the answer i false : a cross appears on the picture (and in my case de white rectangle and the cross)

I remain at your entire disposal for any clarification
Thank you in advance for you answer,
Best 
Margaux
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Tylhi - 11/5/2019
Hi, 

I'm creating a task on Inquisit 5, and I encounter a little problem. When I run my script, some rectangles (white or black) appear on the screen during the task, sometime they stay on the screen and sometime they deseapear...
I join to this topic two screen shot of my problem.
The black rectangle always appear below or above the man, and the white one always on the center of the picture.

This task is a Manikin task and it's work as explain below:
1 - Blank screen appears
2 - Fixation cross appears on the center of the screen
3 - The man appears on the top or on the bottom of the screen
4 - A picture appears on the center of the screen
5 - The user moves the man upward or downward (it's at this moment that de black rectangle appears)
6 - If the answer is true : nothing appen (in my case the white rectangle appears)
   - If the answer i false : a cross appears on the picture (and in my case de white rectangle and the cross)

I remain at your entire disposal for any clarification
Thank you in advance for you answer,
Best 
Margaux

These rectangles are caused by some stimuli you display on the screen that are then erased at the end of a trial. If you need stimuli to remain on-screen / not be erased, set their /erase attributes to false.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search