mousemove

Author
nakayama
Guru (5.1K reputation)Guru (5.1K reputation)Guru (5.1K reputation)Guru (5.1K reputation)Guru (5.1K reputation)Guru (5.1K reputation)Guru (5.1K reputation)Guru (5.1K reputation)Guru (5.1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi, Dave
I have the script kindly made by you before.
I wish to design a task that allows to record the mouse initial movement latency, that is, to record the time from no-move to movement initiation.
1) Just to confirm whether using mousemove could achieve this purpose. Because I found sometimes that mouse initial latency recorded by <%values.mm_rt%> was too sensitive in that when I abruptly initiated moving my mouse, values.mm_rt retuned with a larger latency value, like 1s (supposed to be much smaller like 50ms).
is there way to change recording sensitivity or device sensitivity through Inquisit? 
2) Is there a way to record the total mouse movement (configured by time and location) in a frame by frame fashion? so like; frame1: 12:01:02, 300px, 200px; frame2: 12:01:02, 302px,202px.... 
I noticed there was a / draw = pencil to draw the mouse path, maybe is there a way to decode that path and find information about time and location? 
I appreciated your work and your attention;)
Attachments
mousemove.iqx (211 views, 2.00 KB)
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
nakayama - 11/8/2019
Hi, Dave
I have the script kindly made by you before.
I wish to design a task that allows to record the mouse initial movement latency, that is, to record the time from no-move to movement initiation.
1) Just to confirm whether using mousemove could achieve this purpose. Because I found sometimes that mouse initial latency recorded by <%values.mm_rt%> was too sensitive in that when I abruptly initiated moving my mouse, values.mm_rt retuned with a larger latency value, like 1s (supposed to be much smaller like 50ms).
is there way to change recording sensitivity or device sensitivity through Inquisit? 
2) Is there a way to record the total mouse movement (configured by time and location) in a frame by frame fashion? so like; frame1: 12:01:02, 300px, 200px; frame2: 12:01:02, 302px,202px.... 
I noticed there was a / draw = pencil to draw the mouse path, maybe is there a way to decode that path and find information about time and location? 
I appreciated your work and your attention;)

1) Yes.
2) No.

As for "I found sometimes that mouse initial latency recorded by <%values.mm_rt%> was too sensitive in that when I abruptly initiated moving my mouse, values.mm_rt retuned with a larger latency value, like 1s (supposed to be much smaller like 50ms)." please show some data actually illustrating this; I'm not able to make this happen, regardless of how abruptly I move the mouse.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search