how to center survey elements

Author
a4
Associate Member (240 reputation)Associate Member (240 reputation)Associate Member (240 reputation)Associate Member (240 reputation)Associate Member (240 reputation)Associate Member (240 reputation)Associate Member (240 reputation)Associate Member (240 reputation)Associate Member (240 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
hello everybody,

as a part of my experiment I want to include a short survey in which participants rate the valence of pictures.
I have 2 questions concerning this:

1. Each page should consist of a pic & a related question. To achieve this I used survey / surveypage with image & radiobutton /slider as questions. However I would prefer both Image & RB/Slider to appear centered (horizontally) and have no idea how to do this.
When I use position =50% its still left aligned (relative to pos) and the halign is not available (/doesnt work if used in <defaults>).
Any ideas how to do this without changing position manually until it fits?

2. I would prefer (horizontal) radio buttons over slider but I would like them to look like a sem. differential. With anchors left & right and numbers above the buttons. For the anchors I am ok with using <caption> and define position manually (at least if the centering of the buttons would work) but is there any option to place the numbers above the buttons automatically?

thanks in advance

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Re. #1: Positions on surveypages are always relative to the page's left margin AND the question element's left border. Suppose you have an <image> element with a specified width of 50% (cf. /imagesize). To center it on the page, you would have to specify it's horizontal position at 25%.

<image myimage>
/ items = ("example.jpg")
/ imagesize = (50%, 40%)
/ position = (25%, 20%)
</image>

The same is true for other question-type elements, such as <slider>. Define the /slidersize and then apply a little math to position it such that it appears centered.

<image myimage>
/ items = ("example.jpg")
/ imagesize = (50%, 50%)
/ position = (25%, 25%)
</image>

<slider myslider>
/ slidersize = (80%, 10%)
/ position = (10%, 75%)
</slider>

<surveypage mypage>
/ questions = [1=myimage; 2=myslider]
</surveypage>

<defaults>
/ canvasaspectratio = (1,1)
</defaults>

Re. #2: No, there is no option to put automatically put numbers above <radiobuttons> options. You would have to use <caption> elements for that as well.

c0sm0s
c0sm0s
Associate Member (187 reputation)Associate Member (187 reputation)Associate Member (187 reputation)Associate Member (187 reputation)Associate Member (187 reputation)Associate Member (187 reputation)Associate Member (187 reputation)Associate Member (187 reputation)Associate Member (187 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
This works only when aspect ratio 1:1. What to do when canvasascpectratio = 4:3 ?
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
c0sm0s - 11/12/2019
This works only when aspect ratio 1:1. What to do when canvasascpectratio = 4:3 ?

Same thing. You need to specify the element's width and height and take them into account.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search