visual feedback

Author
nakayama
Guru (5.1K reputation)Guru (5.1K reputation)Guru (5.1K reputation)Guru (5.1K reputation)Guru (5.1K reputation)Guru (5.1K reputation)Guru (5.1K reputation)Guru (5.1K reputation)Guru (5.1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
hi, Dave,
Thus maybe an old issue.
I wish to give a visual blue feedback on where was firstly clicked.
If I clicked after the second tone, there is no problem and the trial ends with the click.
If I click before the second tone,
once I click and hold, that's ok.
But once I click and further move the mouse the feedback shows the last position.

I wish to add something to prevent further correction and just want to record where was firstly clicked.
thank you for your attention.
Best,
Attachments
test5.iqx (212 views, 1.00 KB)
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
nakayama - 11/12/2019
hi, Dave,
Thus maybe an old issue.
If I clicked after the second tone, there is no problem and the trial ends with the click.
But once I click and further move the mouse the feedback shows the last position.

I wish to add something to prevent further correction and just want to record where was firstly clicked.
Best,

You cannot give visual feedback positioned where the click occurred while the trial is still running. It's just not possible.

nakayama
nakayama
Guru (5.1K reputation)Guru (5.1K reputation)Guru (5.1K reputation)Guru (5.1K reputation)Guru (5.1K reputation)Guru (5.1K reputation)Guru (5.1K reputation)Guru (5.1K reputation)Guru (5.1K reputation)
Dave - 11/12/2019
nakayama - 11/12/2019
hi, Dave,
Thus maybe an old issue.

Best,

You cannot give visual feedback positioned where the click occurred while the trial is still running. It's just not possible.

Giving visual feedback after the trial is ok, as long as the firstly clicked position was recorded when the click happened before the second tone.
Is it possible to do so?
Thank you for your advice.

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
nakayama - 11/12/2019
Dave - 11/12/2019
nakayama - 11/12/2019
hi, Dave,
Thus maybe an old issue.

Best,

Giving visual feedback after the trial is ok, as long as the firstly clicked position was recorded when the click happened before the second tone.
Is it possible to do so?

Okay, then you can do

<trial sound>
/ ontrialbegin = [trial.sound.resetstimulusframes()]
/ stimulustimes = [0=screen, tone; 50=circleshape; 2000=tone]
/ inputdevice = mouse
/ validresponse = (circleshape)
/ isvalidresponse = [
if (trial.sound.response == "circleshape") {
values.ax=100%*(trial.sound.responsex/display.width);
values.ay=100%*(trial.sound.responsey/display.height);
}
]
/ beginresponsetime = 50
/ responseinterrupt = frames
/ responsemessage = ("circleshape", tone, 50)
</trial>

nakayama
nakayama
Dave - 11/12/2019
nakayama - 11/12/2019
Dave - 11/12/2019
nakayama - 11/12/2019
hi, Dave,
Thus maybe an old issue.

Best,

Is it possible to do so?

Okay, then you can do

<trial sound>
/ ontrialbegin = [trial.sound.resetstimulusframes()]
/ stimulustimes = [0=screen, tone; 50=circleshape; 2000=tone]
/ inputdevice = mouse
/ validresponse = (circleshape)
/ isvalidresponse = [
if (trial.sound.response == "circleshape") {
values.ax=100%*(trial.sound.responsex/display.width);
values.ay=100%*(trial.sound.responsey/display.height);
}
]
/ beginresponsetime = 50
/ responseinterrupt = frames
/ responsemessage = ("circleshape", tone, 50)
</trial>

thank you;) u are the best!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search