Likert rating following stimuli presentation

Author
MinghuiNi
Associate Member (116 reputation)Associate Member (116 reputation)Associate Member (116 reputation)Associate Member (116 reputation)Associate Member (116 reputation)Associate Member (116 reputation)Associate Member (116 reputation)Associate Member (116 reputation)Associate Member (116 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi, I am trying to code an experiment, where on each trial, participants are presented with a prime picture, then a target picture, and then a white noise pattern. While the noise pattern is presented, participants need to make a rating on a scale of 1-7. This experiment is a modification of the Affect Misattribution Procedure (AMP) which has the code as follows: 

<trial primeA>
/ validresponse = ("E", "I")
/ correctresponse = ("I")
/ stimulustimes = [0=primeA; 75=blank; 200=target; 300=mask]
/ontrialend = [values.primestim = picture.primea.currentitemnumber; values.targetstim = picture.target.currentitemnumber]
/ beginresponsetime = (200)
</trial>

In this original AMP, participants only need to respond by pressing the key "E" or "I". But I want to change it to asking participants to rate on a scale of 1-7. I managed to modify the code so that participants can press "1" to "7" on the keyboard to indicate their rating. 

<trial implicit>
/ stimulustimes = [0=prime_name; 75=target_pictograph; 175=mask, rating_scale]
/ ontrialend = [values.primestim = text.prime_name.currentitemnumber; values.targetstim = picture.target_pictograph.currentitemnumber]
/ beginresponsetime = (150)
/ recorddata = true
/ validresponse = ("1", "2", "3", "4", "5", "6", "7")
</trial>

But it would be better if they could click button "1" to "7". Could you please give me some hints about how to achieve this? Thank you! 

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
MinghuiNi - 1/22/2020
Hi, I am trying to code an experiment, where on each trial, participants are presented with a prime picture, then a target picture, and then a white noise pattern. While the noise pattern is presented, participants need to make a rating on a scale of 1-7. This experiment is a modification of the Affect Misattribution Procedure (AMP) which has the code as follows: 

<trial primeA>
/ validresponse = ("E", "I")
/ correctresponse = ("I")
/ stimulustimes = [0=primeA; 75=blank; 200=target; 300=mask]
/ontrialend = [values.primestim = picture.primea.currentitemnumber; values.targetstim = picture.target.currentitemnumber]
/ beginresponsetime = (200)
</trial>

In this original AMP, participants only need to respond by pressing the key "E" or "I". But I want to change it to asking participants to rate on a scale of 1-7. I managed to modify the code so that participants can press "1" to "7" on the keyboard to indicate their rating. 

<trial implicit>
/ stimulustimes = [0=prime_name; 75=target_pictograph; 175=mask, rating_scale]
/ ontrialend = [values.primestim = text.prime_name.currentitemnumber; values.targetstim = picture.target_pictograph.currentitemnumber]
/ recorddata = true
/ validresponse = ("1", "2", "3", "4", "5", "6", "7")
</trial>

But it would be better if they could click button "1" to "7". Could you please give me some hints about how to achieve this? Thank you! 

Just use a <likert> element instead of a <trial>: https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/v5/html/language/elements/likert.htm

<likert implicit>
/ stimulustimes = [0=prime_name; 75=target_pictograph; 175=mask]
/ recorddata = true
/ numpoints = 7
/ anchorwidth = 5%
/ position = (50%, 75%)
/ inputdevice = mouse
</likert>
MinghuiNi
MinghuiNi
Associate Member (116 reputation)Associate Member (116 reputation)Associate Member (116 reputation)Associate Member (116 reputation)Associate Member (116 reputation)Associate Member (116 reputation)Associate Member (116 reputation)Associate Member (116 reputation)Associate Member (116 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thank you so much! 
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search