Time counter for less than 1 second

Author
Thao Pham
Associate Member (161 reputation)Associate Member (161 reputation)Associate Member (161 reputation)Associate Member (161 reputation)Associate Member (161 reputation)Associate Member (161 reputation)Associate Member (161 reputation)Associate Member (161 reputation)Associate Member (161 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
In my experiment there is a block with 15 trials that participants need to response under time-pressure.  To illustrate this pressure, I'm trying to set 'timeout' in each trial, ideally 850-950 milliseconds.  However, the formats available for timer don't seem to allow this.  When set to "ss:ms", and timeout == 850,  the timer will show 01:01 and then start the counting.  

Could you kindly suggest how I should overcome this or is there some thing else I should do other than using timer?  Thank you in advance!

Thao
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Thao Pham - 2/24/2020
In my experiment there is a block with 15 trials that participants need to response under time-pressure.  To illustrate this pressure, I'm trying to set 'timeout' in each trial, ideally 850-950 milliseconds.  However, the formats available for timer don't seem to allow this.  When set to "ss:ms", and timeout == 850,  the timer will show 01:01 and then start the counting.  

Could you kindly suggest how I should overcome this or is there some thing else I should do other than using timer?  Thank you in advance!

Thao

<clock countdown>
/ format = "zzz"
/ timeout = 850
</clock>

<trial mytrial>
/ stimulusframes = [1=countdown]
/ validresponse = (57)
</trial>
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...