Qualtrics and Inquisit

Author
RR
Partner Member (629 reputation)Partner Member (629 reputation)Partner Member (629 reputation)Partner Member (629 reputation)Partner Member (629 reputation)Partner Member (629 reputation)Partner Member (629 reputation)Partner Member (629 reputation)Partner Member (629 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Good afternoon,

I am looking to program a study in which participants start the study in Qualtrics, then take an IAT using Inquisit 5 Web, and then are transferred back to Qualtrics again.  I know that using Inquisit Web, it's possible to direct participants to Qualtrics, and that you can direct participants to Inquisit Web from Qualtrics, but I just wanted to clarify whether it is possible to make this transition more than once within the same study.

Thanks in advance!
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
RR - 3/5/2020
Good afternoon,

I am looking to program a study in which participants start the study in Qualtrics, then take an IAT using Inquisit 5 Web, and then are transferred back to Qualtrics again.  I know that using Inquisit Web, it's possible to direct participants to Qualtrics, and that you can direct participants to Inquisit Web from Qualtrics, but I just wanted to clarify whether it is possible to make this transition more than once within the same study.

Thanks in advance!

Yes. The most robust way to do this is for you to set up two Qualtrics surveys:
Qualtrics survey 1 (pre-IAT) is where participants start. From there redirect to your Inquisit experiment's start page as detailed at https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/v5/html/howto/interopsurveys.htm under "Sending Subject IDs from 3rd Party Site to Inquisit". Then, in your Inquisit experiment's settings, specify the URL of Qualtrics survey 2 (post-IAT) as the URL to redirect to. Inquisit will automatically preserve and forward the original survey respondent ID (generated by Qualtrics survey 1) to the 2nd Qualtrics survey. Have that survey read in the ID (see https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-flow/standard-elements/passing-information-through-query-strings/#PassingInformationIntoASurvey ) and you have a single ID across all three parts which you can use to match the data.

RR
RR
Partner Member (629 reputation)Partner Member (629 reputation)Partner Member (629 reputation)Partner Member (629 reputation)Partner Member (629 reputation)Partner Member (629 reputation)Partner Member (629 reputation)Partner Member (629 reputation)Partner Member (629 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - 3/5/2020
RR - 3/5/2020
Good afternoon,

Thanks in advance!

Yes. The most robust way to do this is for you to set up two Qualtrics surveys:
Qualtrics survey 1 (pre-IAT) is where participants start. From there redirect to your Inquisit experiment's start page as detailed at https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/v5/html/howto/interopsurveys.htm under "Sending Subject IDs from 3rd Party Site to Inquisit". Then, in your Inquisit experiment's settings, specify the URL of Qualtrics survey 2 (post-IAT) as the URL to redirect to. Inquisit will automatically preserve and forward the original survey respondent ID (generated by Qualtrics survey 1) to the 2nd Qualtrics survey. Have that survey read in the ID (see https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-flow/standard-elements/passing-information-through-query-strings/#PassingInformationIntoASurvey ) and you have a single ID across all three parts which you can use to match the data.

Thanks very much!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search