Mouse cursor disappeared

Author
jxb
Associate Member (284 reputation)Associate Member (284 reputation)Associate Member (284 reputation)Associate Member (284 reputation)Associate Member (284 reputation)Associate Member (284 reputation)Associate Member (284 reputation)Associate Member (284 reputation)Associate Member (284 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I am currently piloting a task online that occasionally involves a surveypage where the participant will use the mouse to answer two questions and then click 'Continue'. Today, during a surveypage, the mouse cursor disappeared after answering the second question and I was unable to continue with the task because I needed the cursor to click the 'Continue' button. 

We have been using this script for a while and have not seen this issue yet. Do you know why this might have happened? Is there a way to get the cursor to return if it does disappear?

Thank you,
jx
jxb
jxb
Associate Member (284 reputation)Associate Member (284 reputation)Associate Member (284 reputation)Associate Member (284 reputation)Associate Member (284 reputation)Associate Member (284 reputation)Associate Member (284 reputation)Associate Member (284 reputation)Associate Member (284 reputation)
jxb - 1/6/2020
Hi,

I am currently piloting a task online that occasionally involves a surveypage where the participant will use the mouse to answer two questions and then click 'Continue'. Today, during a surveypage, the mouse cursor disappeared after answering the second question and I was unable to continue with the task because I needed the cursor to click the 'Continue' button. 

We have been using this script for a while and have not seen this issue yet. Do you know why this might have happened? Is there a way to get the cursor to return if it does disappear?

Thank you,
jx

I should add that I was using a MacBook Air
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
jxb - 1/6/2020
jxb - 1/6/2020
Hi,

Thank you,
jx

I should add that I was using a MacBook Air

It's unclear why this happens on rare occasions, I'm afraid. In case the cursor disappears and doesn't show up again after wriggling the mouse around for a few seconds, you should still be able to use the TAB key to navigate between questions, options, and to the Continue button. You can then press ENTER and you'll get to the next page.

AKrishna
AKrishna
Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)
For the search algorithm, I thought I'd link to an old topic about this issue that lists several possible workarounds:

https://www.millisecond.com/forums/Topic24909.aspx

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search