Errors in Inquisit Web but the same script runs well in Inquisit Lab

Author
Thao Pham
Associate Member (161 reputation)Associate Member (161 reputation)Associate Member (161 reputation)Associate Member (161 reputation)Associate Member (161 reputation)Associate Member (161 reputation)Associate Member (161 reputation)Associate Member (161 reputation)Associate Member (161 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,
I need to launch a script online. Before registering it to Inquisit Web, I have been able to run it smoothly on Inquisit Lab.  However, the Web version returns errors, saying that it could not locate an element (i.e. one of the blocks).  I have checked again in Inquisit Lab and everything is still fine. 

Can you advise me how to handle this issue?  Thank you!

Thao

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Thao Pham - 3/30/2020
Hello,
I need to launch a script online. Before registering it to Inquisit Web, I have been able to run it smoothly on Inquisit Lab.  However, the Web version returns errors, saying that it could not locate an element (i.e. one of the blocks).  I have checked again in Inquisit Lab and everything is still fine. 

Can you advise me how to handle this issue?  Thank you!

Thao

Please provide the link to the web experiment's start page. In all likelihood, you've programmed the script in a different (higher) Inquisit Lab version than then Inquisit Web version you are trying to run it under, and you're using syntax constructs not available under the latter version.
Thao Pham
Thao Pham
Associate Member (161 reputation)Associate Member (161 reputation)Associate Member (161 reputation)Associate Member (161 reputation)Associate Member (161 reputation)Associate Member (161 reputation)Associate Member (161 reputation)Associate Member (161 reputation)Associate Member (161 reputation)
Thao Pham
Thao Pham
The Inquisit Lab version I used to make the script is: 
Version:
4.0.10.0 64bit (build 2666)

Thao

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Thao Pham - 3/30/2020
Version:

Thao

> However, the Web version returns errors, saying that it could not locate an element (i.e. one of the blocks).

I'm confused. That experiment's logs do not show any such error.

https://www.millisecond.com/myaccount/logs/errors.aspx?webscriptid=204331
Thao Pham
Thao Pham
Dave - 3/30/2020
Thao Pham - 3/30/2020
Version:

Thao

> However, the Web version returns errors, saying that it could not locate an element (i.e. one of the blocks).

That's strange... I've just clicked on the URL again and it still shows this:

Thao Pham
Thao Pham
Thao Pham - 3/30/2020
Dave - 3/30/2020
Thao Pham - 3/30/2020
Version:

Thao

Attachments
Dave
Dave
Thao Pham - 3/30/2020
Thao Pham - 3/30/2020
Dave - 3/30/2020
Thao Pham - 3/30/2020
Version:

Thao

Did you, at some point, upload a revised version of the script? If so, you might still be running the outdated version from your system's cache.
Thao Pham
Thao Pham
Dave - 3/30/2020
Thao Pham - 3/30/2020
Thao Pham - 3/30/2020
Dave - 3/30/2020
Thao Pham - 3/30/2020
Version:

Thao

Did you, at some point, upload a revised version of the script? If so, you might still be running the outdated version from your system's cache.

In fact, after my first time encounter the error, I did deleted all the uploaded files and upload everything again (all the files that I've made sure that it runs well). 
What should I do (or should have done) Dave?
Thao Pham
Thao Pham
Thao Pham - 3/30/2020
Dave - 3/30/2020
Thao Pham - 3/30/2020
Thao Pham - 3/30/2020
Dave - 3/30/2020
Thao Pham - 3/30/2020
Version:

Thao

In fact, after my first time encounter the error, I did deleted all the uploaded files and upload everything again (all the files that I've made sure that it runs well). 
What should I do (or should have done) Dave?

Hi Dave,  I understand the problem now.  I should have used a different name for the script file.  I have changed it and it runs now.

Thank you so much for your patience!!

Tha
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search