Consistency of task presentation across different computers

Author
BG
Respected Member (336 reputation)Respected Member (336 reputation)Respected Member (336 reputation)Respected Member (336 reputation)Respected Member (336 reputation)Respected Member (336 reputation)Respected Member (336 reputation)Respected Member (336 reputation)Respected Member (336 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I programmed a task that when run either locally or online across different computers does not present in the same way. I have attached a cut-down version of the task that has pretty much the same problem as the actual task I want to run. This task should present a rectangular white outline in the centre of the screen for 1000 ms. A square blue of yellow outline should then appear in the centre of the white outline for 1000 ms, before the screen is cleared, and a 3 x 3 grid is displayed for 2000 ms. The screen is then cleared for 500 ms, before the white outline appears again.

On my PC everything works as it should, but on my colleague's PC, the white outline appears, and then about a second later the 3 x 3 grid appears inside this white outline (which remains on screen). No coloured square appears. About half a second later, the white outline disappears but the probe remains on screen. After a further 1500 ms or so, the 3 x 3 grid disappears, and the screen is blank for 500 ms before the white outline appears again .

Do you have any idea what might be going on?

Thanks in advance,

Ben
Attachments
Inquisit Forum.zip (178 views, 24.00 KB)
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
BG - 6/9/2020
Hi,

I programmed a task that when run either locally or online across different computers does not present in the same way. I have attached a cut-down version of the task that has pretty much the same problem as the actual task I want to run. This task should present a rectangular white outline in the centre of the screen for 1000 ms. A square blue of yellow outline should then appear in the centre of the white outline for 1000 ms, before the screen is cleared, and a 3 x 3 grid is displayed for 2000 ms. The screen is then cleared for 500 ms, before the white outline appears again.

On my PC everything works as it should, but on my colleague's PC, the white outline appears, and then about a second later the 3 x 3 grid appears inside this white outline (which remains on screen). No coloured square appears. About half a second later, the white outline disappears but the probe remains on screen. After a further 1500 ms or so, the 3 x 3 grid disappears, and the screen is blank for 500 ms before the white outline appears again .

Do you have any idea what might be going on?

Thanks in advance,

Ben

I'm unable to reproduce this, I'm afraid. The script you attached behaves consistently across several systems I've tried and behaves as you described here:

"This task should present a rectangular white outline in the centre of the screen for 1000 ms. A square blue of yellow outline should then appear in the centre of the white outline for 1000 ms, before the screen is cleared, and a 3 x 3 grid is displayed for 2000 ms. The screen is then cleared for 500 ms, before the white outline appears again."

Is your colleagues the only system showing different behavior? What are the system specs, if available? Is your colleague running the same, up-to-date Inquisit version as you? Is the system's graphics card driver up to date?

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search