How to define a position with absolute length units (e.g. pt & pc)

Author
Yat_Zoeng
New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
Hi, everyone. I came across the problem of defining the position of a stimulus with absolute length scale. I need to set a picture right next to the fixxing point in the middle of the screen with a distance of 7° visual angle. So the picture is approxiamtely 13.55pc from the center. I wonder how I can actualize this position defination regardless of the screen size and resolution of the monitor.
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Yat_Zoeng - 6/14/2020
Hi, everyone. I came across the problem of defining the position of a stimulus with absolute length scale. I need to set a picture right next to the fixxing point in the middle of the screen with a distance of 7° visual angle. So the picture is approxiamtely 13.55pc from the center. I wonder how I can actualize this position defination regardless of the screen size and resolution of the monitor.

Visual angle is dependent on the viewer's distance from the screen, so this is not answerable.
Yat_Zoeng
Yat_Zoeng
New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)
Dave - 6/15/2020
Yat_Zoeng - 6/14/2020

Visual angle is dependent on the viewer's distance from the screen, so this is not answerable.
Yes. We assume that the sbjs are 50cm from the monitor, and that's 13.55pc*13.55pc for the stimulus under the requirement of 7°visual angle. That can be a fix value.​

Thx for ur reply btw​​
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Yat_Zoeng - 6/15/2020
Dave - 6/15/2020
Yat_Zoeng - 6/14/2020

Yes. We assume that the sbjs are 50cm from the monitor, and that's 13.55pc*13.55pc for the stimulus under the requirement of 7°visual angle. That can be a fix value.

Thx for ur reply btw

Okay. Then see https://www.millisecond.com/forums/Topic14608.aspx for how to present stimuli at fixed physical sizes and/or at fixed physical positions.

Yat_Zoeng
Yat_Zoeng
Dave - 6/15/2020
Yat_Zoeng - 6/15/2020
Dave - 6/15/2020
Yat_Zoeng - 6/14/2020

Yes. We assume that the sbjs are 50cm from the monitor, and that's 13.55pc*13.55pc for the stimulus under the requirement of 7°visual angle. That can be a fix value.

Thx for ur reply btw

Okay. Then see https://www.millisecond.com/forums/Topic14608.aspx for how to present stimuli at fixed physical sizes and/or at fixed physical positions.

Wow, that should be amazingly helpful. Thx a lot! :)
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search