Coding for The Repertory Grid Technique (RGT)

Author
f.sunstrum
Associate Member (77 reputation)Associate Member (77 reputation)Associate Member (77 reputation)Associate Member (77 reputation)Associate Member (77 reputation)Associate Member (77 reputation)Associate Member (77 reputation)Associate Member (77 reputation)Associate Member (77 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if it is possible to successfully perform a computerised version of The Rep Grid through Inquisit, either using roles or images as elements?

Thanks!
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
f.sunstrum - 6/16/2020
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if it is possible to successfully perform a computerised version of The Rep Grid through Inquisit, either using roles or images as elements?

Thanks!

You'd have to be a lot more specifc about the exact Rep Grid procedure you have in mind for me to answer that question. Preliminarily: It's propbably possible to build, but may not be easy or convenient. I suspect there are a number of software tools out there specifically tailored to performing Rep Grids, and those may be the better option.

f.sunstrum
f.sunstrum
Associate Member (77 reputation)Associate Member (77 reputation)Associate Member (77 reputation)Associate Member (77 reputation)Associate Member (77 reputation)Associate Member (77 reputation)Associate Member (77 reputation)Associate Member (77 reputation)Associate Member (77 reputation)
Dave - 6/16/2020
f.sunstrum - 6/16/2020
Hi everyone,

Thanks!

You'd have to be a lot more specifc about the exact Rep Grid procedure you have in mind for me to answer that question. Preliminarily: It's propbably possible to build, but may not be easy or convenient. I suspect there are a number of software tools out there specifically tailored to performing Rep Grids, and those may be the better option.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your response.  To be more specific, I am looking to use 8 elements (images of products) presented in a triad, and using the constructs elicited, to rate each element on the construct pole using a 5-point Likert Scale.  I have yet to come across a software (or web) program that can use images as elements and that's why I'm wondering if The Rep Grid has been previously performed on Inquisit before.  I would imagine that the coding in Inquisit would be quite complicated though.

Cheers!
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
f.sunstrum - 6/18/2020
Dave - 6/16/2020
f.sunstrum - 6/16/2020
Hi everyone,

Thanks!

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your response.  To be more specific, I am looking to use 8 elements (images of products) presented in a triad, and using the constructs elicited, to rate each element on the construct pole using a 5-point Likert Scale.  I have yet to come across a software (or web) program that can use images as elements and that's why I'm wondering if The Rep Grid has been previously performed on Inquisit before.  I would imagine that the coding in Inquisit would be quite complicated though.

Cheers!

I'm not aware of any existing Rep Grid implementation for Inquisit or study using Inquisit to perfom a Rep Grid, no. It should be possible to build, although -- as you noted -- it would likely turn out to be (I suspect very) complicated. I'm unfortunately not familiar enough with repertory grids to say what -- if any -- good software solution(s) may be be out there.

Dave
Dave
Dave - 6/18/2020
f.sunstrum - 6/18/2020
Dave - 6/16/2020
f.sunstrum - 6/16/2020
Hi everyone,

Thanks!

Hi Dave,

Cheers!

I'm not aware of any existing Rep Grid implementation for Inquisit or study using Inquisit to perfom a Rep Grid, no. It should be possible to build, although -- as you noted -- it would likely turn out to be (I suspect very) complicated. I'm unfortunately not familiar enough with repertory grids to say what -- if any -- good software solution(s) may be be out there.

Some quick searching around suggests that Web Grid Plus http://grid.eilab.ca/ (also see https://pages.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~gaines/repplus/ ) might fit the bill?
Some of their demos definitely use multimedia stimuli / images, e.g.
http://grid.eilab.ca/WebGrid/Load/RealEstate.rgrid
or
http://grid.eilab.ca/WebGrid/Load/Presidents.rgrid

f.sunstrum
f.sunstrum
Dave - 6/18/2020
Dave - 6/18/2020
f.sunstrum - 6/18/2020
Dave - 6/16/2020
f.sunstrum - 6/16/2020
Hi everyone,

Thanks!

Hi Dave,

Cheers!

Some quick searching around suggests that Web Grid Plus http://grid.eilab.ca/ (also see https://pages.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~gaines/repplus/ ) might fit the bill?
Some of their demos definitely use multimedia stimuli / images, e.g.
http://grid.eilab.ca/WebGrid/Load/RealEstate.rgrid
or
http://grid.eilab.ca/WebGrid/Load/Presidents.rgrid

Thanks for your help, Dave, I appreciate it.  I have looked into those two programs and I am unfortunately unable to place images as elements.  I thought that a computerised version of The Rep Grid would be a good alternative during these unprecedented times of COVID-19, but perhaps I will have to seek another alternative.  Thanks again for your help.

Cheers!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search