Group condition in multi-day experiment

Author
eeberts525
Associate Member (86 reputation)Associate Member (86 reputation)Associate Member (86 reputation)Associate Member (86 reputation)Associate Member (86 reputation)Associate Member (86 reputation)Associate Member (86 reputation)Associate Member (86 reputation)Associate Member (86 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I am running a 2-day study in which participants are randomly assigned by Inquisit Web to a specific condition on day 1. I am wondering if it is possible on day 2 to determine which condition they completed the previous day, without having to manually enter a list of subject IDs to load condition-specific stimuli. I would like to avoid having participants enter a groupID if at all possible.

Thank you in advance for any advice.
Elizabeth

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
eeberts525 - 7/8/2020
Hi,

I am running a 2-day study in which participants are randomly assigned by Inquisit Web to a specific condition on day 1. I am wondering if it is possible on day 2 to determine which condition they completed the previous day, without having to manually enter a list of subject IDs to load condition-specific stimuli. I would like to avoid having participants enter a groupID if at all possible.

Thank you in advance for any advice.
Elizabeth

No, Inquisit has no way of knowing or remembering whichever condition a particular participant received on day 1. The easiest way to go about this may be to (randomly) pre-assign your participants to one condition for the first day, and another for the second day. Then just give them two different links (one per day) with the respective groupid / condition included as URL parameter.
eeberts525
eeberts525
Associate Member (86 reputation)Associate Member (86 reputation)Associate Member (86 reputation)Associate Member (86 reputation)Associate Member (86 reputation)Associate Member (86 reputation)Associate Member (86 reputation)Associate Member (86 reputation)Associate Member (86 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thank you for your quick response. This is the approach I was thinking of taking, but wanted to see if there was an easier solution that I was missing. Thanks!

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search