draw a vertically flipped triangle

Author
nakayama
Guru (5.1K reputation)Guru (5.1K reputation)Guru (5.1K reputation)Guru (5.1K reputation)Guru (5.1K reputation)Guru (5.1K reputation)Guru (5.1K reputation)Guru (5.1K reputation)Guru (5.1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dear Inquisit 5 community,
Is it possible to draw a vertically flipped triangle with respect to the current one?
like this 

Or is there any way to do that?
Thank you for your attention.

<shape cover1>
/ shape = triangle
/ color = red
/ size = (40%, 20%)
/ position = (40%, 51%)
</shape>

<trial example>
/ stimulusframes = [1= cover1]
/ validresponse = (57)
</trial>

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
nakayama - 7/16/2020
Is it possible to draw a vertically flipped triangle with respect to the current one?
like this 

<shape cover1>
/ shape = triangle
/ color = red
/ size = (40%, 20%)
/ position = (40%, 51%)
</shape>

<trial example>
/ validresponse = (57)
</trial>

While Inquisit 6 has the capability to rotate stimuli ( https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/v6/html/language/attributes/rotation.htm ), Inquisit 5 does not.

Under Inquisit 5, you would need to display a <picture> of a flipped triangle instead.

nakayama
nakayama
Guru (5.1K reputation)Guru (5.1K reputation)Guru (5.1K reputation)Guru (5.1K reputation)Guru (5.1K reputation)Guru (5.1K reputation)Guru (5.1K reputation)Guru (5.1K reputation)Guru (5.1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - 7/16/2020
nakayama - 7/16/2020
like this 

<shape cover1>
/ shape = triangle
/ color = red
/ size = (40%, 20%)
/ position = (40%, 51%)
</shape>

<trial example>
/ validresponse = (57)
</trial>

While Inquisit 6 has the capability to rotate stimuli ( https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/v6/html/language/attributes/rotation.htm ), Inquisit 5 does not.

Under Inquisit 5, you would need to display a <picture> of a flipped triangle instead.

Hi, Dave. Thank you for your advice.
My another question is I wish to confirm the spatial accuracy of Inquisit 5 response using mouse.
1) Suppose I click (960 px,1000 px) on the screen, how accurate the mouse click is? Or how large the error regarding (x,y) is? 
2) Where are the responses recorded from the mouse icon? The typical mouse icon has a triangular end-point. Suppose I click (960 px,1000 px). Is the spatial response recorded when
the end-point of the icon clicks  (960 px,1000 px)?
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
nakayama - 7/17/2020
Dave - 7/16/2020
nakayama - 7/16/2020
like this 

<shape cover1>
/ shape = triangle
/ color = red
/ size = (40%, 20%)
/ position = (40%, 51%)
</shape>

<trial example>
/ validresponse = (57)
</trial>

Hi, Dave. Thank you for your advice.
My another question is I wish to confirm the spatial accuracy of Inquisit 5 response using mouse.
1) Suppose I click (960 px,1000 px) on the screen, how accurate the mouse click is? Or how large the error regarding (x,y) is? 
2) Where are the responses recorded from the mouse icon? The typical mouse icon has a triangular end-point. Suppose I click (960 px,1000 px). Is the spatial response recorded when
the end-point of the icon clicks  (960 px,1000 px)?

What's logged is the pixel coordinate of the mouse cursor. I'm not sure what you mean by "how large the error regarding (x,y) is? Inquisit doesn't do anything special or extraordinary here. The pixel location is the pixel location. The logged location is where the tip of the cursor points / is locate, as is standard mouse behavior.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search