Inquisit 6 immediately crashes upon opening

Author
AbigailNovick
Respected Member (364 reputation)Respected Member (364 reputation)Respected Member (364 reputation)Respected Member (364 reputation)Respected Member (364 reputation)Respected Member (364 reputation)Respected Member (364 reputation)Respected Member (364 reputation)Respected Member (364 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

I have been able to install and work with Inquisit 5.

However, when I try to open Inquisit 6, I immediately get the error: Inquisit 6 quit unexpectedly.

I have a MacBook Pro (2017) running macOS High Sierra (version 10.13.1), with plenty of hard drive space and a 2.5 GHz processor.

Do I need to update my OS? Or do you think there might be another problem?

Thanks for the advice,
Abby
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
AbigailNovick - 7/15/2020
Hello,

However, when I try to open Inquisit 6, I immediately get the error: Inquisit 6 quit unexpectedly.

I have a MacBook Pro (2017) running macOS High Sierra (version 10.13.1), with plenty of hard drive space and a 2.5 GHz processor.

Thanks for the advice,
Abby

The minimum system requirement for Inquisit 6 at present is OSX 10.13.6 ( https://www.millisecond.com/products/inquisit6/requirements.aspx ). You're running a lower version, so that's likely the reason for the crash -- accordingly updating to 10.13.6 or later would be the first thing to try.
AbigailNovick
AbigailNovick
Respected Member (364 reputation)Respected Member (364 reputation)Respected Member (364 reputation)Respected Member (364 reputation)Respected Member (364 reputation)Respected Member (364 reputation)Respected Member (364 reputation)Respected Member (364 reputation)Respected Member (364 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - 7/15/2020
Hello,

Thanks for the advice,
Abby

The minimum system requirement for Inquisit 6 at present is OSX 10.13.6 ( https://www.millisecond.com/products/inquisit6/requirements.aspx ). You're running a lower version, so that's likely the reason for the crash -- accordingly updating to 10.13.6 or later would be the first thing to try.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply! I updated my operating system and now Inquisit 6 opens/works. Hooray!

However, when I try to add an Inquisit 6 file as an online experiment to millisecond.com, it only lets me select Inquisit version 5.0.14.0.

Is this a problem with my laboratory license? Does my lab need to upgrade their millisecond/inquisit account in order to post Inquisit 6 experiments online?

Thanks again,
Abby
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
AbigailNovick - 7/16/2020
Dave - 7/15/2020
Hello,

Thanks for the advice,
Abby

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply! I updated my operating system and now Inquisit 6 opens/works. Hooray!

However, when I try to add an Inquisit 6 file as an online experiment to millisecond.com, it only lets me select Inquisit version 5.0.14.0.

Is this a problem with my laboratory license? Does my lab need to upgrade their millisecond/inquisit account in order to post Inquisit 6 experiments online?

Thanks again,
Abby

> Is this a problem with my laboratory license?

Yes. Your lab owns a departmental Inquisit 5 Web license and no Inquisit 6 Web license. Upgrading the license to Inquisit 6 Web would be the way to go if you wish to make use of Inqusiit 6 scripts / new features introduced with Inquisit 6.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search