add spatial gaussian noise

Author
nakayama
Guru (5.1K reputation)Guru (5.1K reputation)Guru (5.1K reputation)Guru (5.1K reputation)Guru (5.1K reputation)Guru (5.1K reputation)Guru (5.1K reputation)Guru (5.1K reputation)Guru (5.1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi, Dave
I wish to ask whether it is possible to add a gaussian distributed noise to the values. errordis which is defined as the distance between the clicked position and the start position.
For example, If the values.errordis is 500 pixel. I wish to add a gaussian noise centered on 500 pixel  with a standard deviation of 10 pixel.
So the final recorded value is, say, 505, due to the added noise.
My file is attached below.
Thank you for your attention.
Attachments
experiment.iqx (230 views, 1.00 KB)
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
nakayama - 7/21/2020
Hi, Dave
I wish to ask whether it is possible to add a gaussian distributed noise to the values. errordis which is defined as the distance between the clicked position and the start position.
For example, If the values.errordis is 500 pixel. I wish to add a gaussian noise centered on 500 pixel  with a standard deviation of 10 pixel.
So the final recorded value is, say, 505, due to the added noise.
My file is attached below.
Thank you for your attention.

https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/v5/html/language/functions/randgaussian.htm

I.e. something like this:

<data>
/ columns=[values.errordis values.errordis_plus_noise]
/ separatefiles = true
</data>

<values>
/ax=0
/ay=0
/errordis=0
/errordis_plus_noise=0
/ initialx=960
/ initialy=600
</values>

<trial click>
/ ontrialend = [trial.click.resetstimulusframes()]
/ validresponse = (screen)
/ stimulustimes = [0=screen,posx,posy,pose]
/ ontrialend = [values.errordis = sqrt(pow(trial.click.responsex-values.initialx,2)+pow(trial.click.responsey-values.initialy,2))]
/ ontrialend = [
    values.errordis_plus_noise = randgaussian(values.errordis, 10);
]

/ ontrialend = [values.ax=trial.click.responsex; values.ay=trial.click.responsey]
/ responseinterrupt = frames
/ inputdevice = mouse
/ screencapture = true
</trial>

Edited 4 Years Ago by Dave
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore