Where is the data uploaded?

Author
MYY07
Associate Member (69 reputation)Associate Member (69 reputation)Associate Member (69 reputation)Associate Member (69 reputation)Associate Member (69 reputation)Associate Member (69 reputation)Associate Member (69 reputation)Associate Member (69 reputation)Associate Member (69 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I recently downloaded the Inquisit player 6 to do the Digit Span Backward test. After doing the test, a window was displayed and showed that the data has been successfully uploaded. I'm not familiar with this software, and I have no idea where is the data uploaded? 

In the "Inquisit 6 Help" file, it says that the data file is located in the same folder as the script file using the same name as the script file except that the file extension is changed to "dat". But I can't find the data file in that folder also.

This is my first time using the Inquisit Player 6. How can I find my uploaded data files?
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
MYY07 - 7/29/2020
I recently downloaded the Inquisit player 6 to do the Digit Span Backward test. After doing the test, a window was displayed and showed that the data has been successfully uploaded. I'm not familiar with this software, and I have no idea where is the data uploaded? 

In the "Inquisit 6 Help" file, it says that the data file is located in the same folder as the script file using the same name as the script file except that the file extension is changed to "dat". But I can't find the data file in that folder also.

This is my first time using the Inquisit Player 6. How can I find my uploaded data files?

> In the "Inquisit 6 Help" file, it says that the data file is located in the same folder as the script file

This pertains to Inquisit Lab, not Inquisit Web.

Inquisit Web data files are uploaded to the account of the Inquisit Web license owner under which the respective web experiment is deployed, and can be downloaded via that account's Online Data section.

MYY07
MYY07
Associate Member (69 reputation)Associate Member (69 reputation)Associate Member (69 reputation)Associate Member (69 reputation)Associate Member (69 reputation)Associate Member (69 reputation)Associate Member (69 reputation)Associate Member (69 reputation)Associate Member (69 reputation)
Dave - 7/29/2020
MYY07 - 7/29/2020

> In the "Inquisit 6 Help" file, it says that the data file is located in the same folder as the script file

Inquisit Web data files are uploaded to the account of the Inquisit Web license owner under which the respective web experiment is deployed, and can be downloaded via that account's Online Data section.

In the "Inquisit 6 Help" file: "By default, Inquisit Web saves data files to the Inquisit web server where you can log in to your
Millisecond account and download the files. "

But I don't have an account, so I can't log in  to download.

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
MYY07 - 7/29/2020
Dave - 7/29/2020
MYY07 - 7/29/2020

In the "Inquisit 6 Help" file: "By default, Inquisit Web saves data files to the Inquisit web server where you can log in to your

You need an Inquisit Web license to collect data online. If you acquire a license, you get an account. You cannot collect data online without an Inquisit Web license.
MYY07
MYY07
Dave - 7/29/2020
MYY07 - 7/29/2020
Dave - 7/29/2020
MYY07 - 7/29/2020

You need an Inquisit Web license to collect data online. If you acquire a license, you get an account. You cannot collect data online without an Inquisit Web license.

If I purchase a license now, can I get the data uploaded before?
Dave
Dave
MYY07 - 7/29/2020
Dave - 7/29/2020
MYY07 - 7/29/2020
Dave - 7/29/2020
MYY07 - 7/29/2020

No.
MYY07
MYY07
Dave - 7/29/2020
MYY07 - 7/29/2020
Dave - 7/29/2020
MYY07 - 7/29/2020
Dave - 7/29/2020
MYY07 - 7/29/2020

No.

So there's no way to find the previous data?
Dave
Dave
MYY07 - 7/29/2020
Dave - 7/29/2020
MYY07 - 7/29/2020
Dave - 7/29/2020
MYY07 - 7/29/2020
Dave - 7/29/2020
MYY07 - 7/29/2020

No.

So there's no way to find the previous data?

If by you did "the Digit Span Backward test" you mean that you went through the demo at https://www.millisecond.com/download/library/v6/digitspan/digitspan_visual/digitspanvisual/digitspanvisual_backward.web or https://www.millisecond.com/download/library/v6/digitspan/digitspan_auditory/digitspan_auditory/digitspan_backward.web , then no. These are demos that allow you to check out how the task works and looks when run on the web. The demos are not there for you to collect data with.
Again, to collect data, you would have to acquire or otherwise have access to an Inquisit Web license and then deploy the task(s) (here: digit span) online under your account.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search