How to set the number of congruent and incongruent trials in a Stroop task?

How to set the number of congruent and incongruent trials in a Stroop...
Author
Tylhi
Respected Member (386 reputation)Respected Member (386 reputation)Respected Member (386 reputation)Respected Member (386 reputation)Respected Member (386 reputation)Respected Member (386 reputation)Respected Member (386 reputation)Respected Member (386 reputation)Respected Member (386 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I just created a Stroop task based on the following script "strooptask_withvoicerecognition" found on your library. 
In this task the number of congruent and incongruent trials is random, but I would like to set this number to a ratio of 50% of congruent and 50% of incongruent. I don't know how I can define the total number of congruent and incongruent trial. May I have to do something with "values.congruence" ?
Can you help me ?

If you need my script, I can send you it.

Thanks in advance,
Best,
Margaux

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Tylhi - 9/24/2020
Hi,

I just created a Stroop task based on the following script "strooptask_withvoicerecognition" found on your library. 
In this task the number of congruent and incongruent trials is random, but I would like to set this number to a ratio of 50% of congruent and 50% of incongruent. I don't know how I can define the total number of congruent and incongruent trial. May I have to do something with "values.congruence" ?
Can you help me ?

Thanks in advance,
Best,
Margaux

See attached. Note: Doing this requires, among other things, increasing the amount of trials to 40 per block.
Attachments
strooptask_withvoicerecognition.iqx (208 views, 29.00 KB)
Tylhi
Tylhi
Respected Member (386 reputation)Respected Member (386 reputation)Respected Member (386 reputation)Respected Member (386 reputation)Respected Member (386 reputation)Respected Member (386 reputation)Respected Member (386 reputation)Respected Member (386 reputation)Respected Member (386 reputation)
Dave - 9/24/2020
Tylhi - 9/24/2020
Hi,

Can you help me ?

Thanks in advance,
Best,
Margaux

See attached. Note: Doing this requires, among other things, increasing the amount of trials to 40 per block.

Hi Dave,

Thanks a lot! :)

Best,
Margaux
Tylhi
Tylhi
Dave - 9/24/2020
Tylhi - 9/24/2020
Hi,

Can you help me ?

Thanks in advance,
Best,
Margaux

Hi,

I'm facing a new problem with the same task. When I try to fix the trial duration and the stimulus time, the task don't continue to record voice since the second trial.
I'm would like to display for 1000ms the word, have a response window of 1700ms (starting at the same time than the word) and that the trial lasts 2500 ms in totality. I didn't succed, every time I try something, the task stop to record voice.
Can you help me ?

Best,
Margaux
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Tylhi - 9/29/2020
Dave - 9/24/2020
Tylhi - 9/24/2020
Hi,

Can you help me ?

Thanks in advance,
Best,
Margaux

Hi,

I'm facing a new problem with the same task. When I try to fix the trial duration and the stimulus time, the task don't continue to record voice since the second trial.
I'm would like to display for 1000ms the word, have a response window of 1700ms (starting at the same time than the word) and that the trial lasts 2500 ms in totality. I didn't succed, every time I try something, the task stop to record voice.
Can you help me ?

Best,
Margaux

Provide the code, please.
Tylhi
Tylhi
Dave - 9/29/2020
Tylhi - 9/29/2020
Dave - 9/24/2020
Tylhi - 9/24/2020
Hi,

Can you help me ?

Thanks in advance,
Best,
Margaux

Hi,

Can you help me ?

Best,
Margaux

Hi,

There is a task. I also add a file needed on, but I can't add the other one, an audio file that I use to report an incorrect response (beep). May I can send you this one by email.

Best,
Margaux
Attachments
Dave
Dave
Tylhi - 9/29/2020
Dave - 9/29/2020
Tylhi - 9/29/2020
Dave - 9/24/2020
Tylhi - 9/24/2020
Hi,

Can you help me ?

Thanks in advance,
Best,
Margaux

Hi,

Can you help me ?

Best,
Margaux

Hi,

There is a task. I also add a file needed on, but I can't add the other one, an audio file that I use to report an incorrect response (beep). May I can send you this one by email.

Best,
Margaux

To

> [...] display for 1000ms the word, have a response window of 1700ms (starting at the same time than the word) and that the trial lasts 2500 ms in totality.

your trials ought to be set up like this

<trial yellow>
/ ontrialbegin = [values.color = "jaune"]
/ stimulustimes = [0=jaune; 1000=screen]
/ beginresponsetime = 0
/ posttrialpause = 800
/ trialduration = 2500
/ responseinterrupt = frames

/ validresponse = ("jaune" "vert" "bleu" "rouge")
/ correctresponse = ("jaune")
/ ontrialend = [
    if (text.jaune.currentitemnumber == 5) {
        values.count_congruent += 1;
        values.congruence = 1;
    } else {
        values.count_incongruent += 1;
        values.congruence = 2;
    };
    if (text.jaune.currentitemnumber == 5 && trial.yellow.correct) {
        values.countcorrect_congruent += 1;
        values.sumrt_congruent += trial.yellow.latency;
    } else if (text.jaune.currentitemnumber != 5 && trial.yellow.correct) {
        values.countcorrect_incongruent += 1;
        values.sumrt_incongruent += trial.yellow.latency;
    };
]        
</trial>

Refer to https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/v6/html/howto/howtocontroltiming.htm and https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/v6/html/howto/responsetiming.htm

Attachments
Tylhi
Tylhi
Dave - 9/29/2020
Tylhi - 9/29/2020
Dave - 9/29/2020
Tylhi - 9/29/2020
Dave - 9/24/2020
Tylhi - 9/24/2020
Hi,

Can you help me ?

Thanks in advance,
Best,
Margaux

Hi,

Can you help me ?

Best,
Margaux

Hi,

Best,
Margaux

To

> [...] display for 1000ms the word, have a response window of 1700ms (starting at the same time than the word) and that the trial lasts 2500 ms in totality.

your trials ought to be set up like this

<trial yellow>
/ ontrialbegin = [values.color = "jaune"]
/ stimulustimes = [0=jaune; 1000=screen]
/ beginresponsetime = 0
/ posttrialpause = 800
/ trialduration = 2500
/ responseinterrupt = frames

/ validresponse = ("jaune" "vert" "bleu" "rouge")
/ correctresponse = ("jaune")
/ ontrialend = [
    if (text.jaune.currentitemnumber == 5) {
        values.count_congruent += 1;
        values.congruence = 1;
    } else {
        values.count_incongruent += 1;
        values.congruence = 2;
    };
    if (text.jaune.currentitemnumber == 5 && trial.yellow.correct) {
        values.countcorrect_congruent += 1;
        values.sumrt_congruent += trial.yellow.latency;
    } else if (text.jaune.currentitemnumber != 5 && trial.yellow.correct) {
        values.countcorrect_incongruent += 1;
        values.sumrt_incongruent += trial.yellow.latency;
    };
]        
</trial>

Refer to https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/v6/html/howto/howtocontroltiming.htm and https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/v6/html/howto/responsetiming.htm

Hi,

I have another question for a task really similar to the one you helped me. If we said that I use the same script, how can I code in order to only have incongruent trial ?
I tried to change the list as follow :

<list colornames_red>
/ items = (vert, bleu, jaune)
/ replace = false
</list>

<list colornames_green>
/ items = (rouge, bleu, jaune)
/ replace = false
</list>

<list colornames_blue>
/ items = (rouge, vert, jaune)
/ replace = false
</list>

<list colornames_yellow>
/ items = (rouge, vert, bleu)
/ replace = false
</list>

* red = rouge; blue = bleu ; green = vert ; yellow = jaune
But the task still diplay congruent trial. Can you help me with it ?

Thanks in advance,
Margaux
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search