How to randomize surveypages in one script?

Author
Sarah1548015
Associate Member (57 reputation)Associate Member (57 reputation)Associate Member (57 reputation)Associate Member (57 reputation)Associate Member (57 reputation)Associate Member (57 reputation)Associate Member (57 reputation)Associate Member (57 reputation)Associate Member (57 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi, i am a complete beginner with Inquisit. 
I have two questionnaires and one demographic questionnaire in one script. All participants should do the demographic questions in the end but the two questionnaires should be randomized. 

So the SOI and the BZO (see in the following) should run randomized. For example participant A should start with the SOI and participant B should start with the BZO. The problem is that the questionnaires are on different pages, so if I randomize only survey pages - the problem occurs that e.g. page 1-3 belong together because they belong to the SOI questionnaire. What i need is a solution to randomize the SOI and the BZO which have both 3 pages that belong together.... 

I hope you can understand and help me as its for my master thesis. THANK YOU in advance!!!

<survey Abschlussfragebögen>
/ pages = [
    1 = SOI1;
    2 = SOI2;
    3 = SOI3;
    4 = BZO1;
    5 = BZO2;
    6 = BZO3;
    7 = demographics1;
    8 = demographics2;
    9 = demographics3
]

Sarah!
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Sarah1548015 - 9/26/2020
I have two questionnaires and one demographic questionnaire in one script. All participants should do the demographic questions in the end but the two questionnaires should be randomized. 

So the SOI and the BZO (see in the following) should run randomized. For example participant A should start with the SOI and participant B should start with the BZO. The problem is that the questionnaires are on different pages, so if I randomize only survey pages - the problem occurs that e.g. page 1-3 belong together because they belong to the SOI questionnaire. What i need is a solution to randomize the SOI and the BZO which have both 3 pages that belong together.... 

I hope you can understand and help me as its for my master thesis. THANK YOU in advance!!!

/ pages = [
    1 = SOI1;
    2 = SOI2;
    3 = SOI3;
    4 = BZO1;
    5 = BZO2;
    6 = BZO3;
    7 = demographics1;
    8 = demographics2;
    9 = demographics3
]

Sarah!

Only sample pages SOI1 and BZO1 randomly at the survey-level.

/ pages = [
  1-2 = noreplace(SOI1, BZO1);
  3 = demographics1;
  4 = demographics2;
  5 = demographics3;
    ]

From <surveypage SOI1> /branch to surveypage.SOI2. From <surveypage SOI2>, /branch to surveypageSOI3.
Similarly, from <surveypage BZO1>, /branch to surveypage.BZO2, and from <surveypage BZO2>, /branch to surveypage.BZO3.

Sarah1548015
Sarah1548015
Associate Member (57 reputation)Associate Member (57 reputation)Associate Member (57 reputation)Associate Member (57 reputation)Associate Member (57 reputation)Associate Member (57 reputation)Associate Member (57 reputation)Associate Member (57 reputation)Associate Member (57 reputation)
Dave - 9/28/2020
Sarah1548015 - 9/26/2020

/ pages = [
    1 = SOI1;
    2 = SOI2;
    3 = SOI3;
    4 = BZO1;
    5 = BZO2;
    6 = BZO3;
    7 = demographics1;
    8 = demographics2;
    9 = demographics3
]

Sarah!

/ pages = [
  3 = demographics1;
  4 = demographics2;
  5 = demographics3;
    ]

From <surveypage SOI1> /branch to surveypage.SOI2. From <surveypage SOI2>, /branch to surveypageSOI3.
Similarly, from <surveypage BZO1>, /branch to surveypage.BZO2, and from <surveypage BZO2>, /branch to surveypage.BZO3.

Hi Dave,

thank you so much for your quick answer.

Now I have the problem that only page SOI1 and BZO1 are random. SOI2, SOI3 as well as BZO2 and BZO3 are missing although i wrote the / branch comments down...
Can you take a look at my script if its wrongly worded?

<surveypage SOI1>
/ caption = "<%parameters.instructionsSOI%>"
/ questions = [1 = q1V, q2V, q3V]
/ branch to surveypage.SOI2
</surveypage>

<surveypage SOI2>
/ questions = [1 = q4E, q5E, q6Er]
/ branch to surveypage.SOI3
</surveypage>

<surveypage SOI3>
/ questions = [1 = q7D, q8D, q9D]
</surveypage>

<surveypage BZO1>
/ caption = "<%parameters.instructionsBZO%>"
/ questions = [1= q1LZ, q2KZ, q3KZ, q4LZ, q5KZ]
/ branch to surveypage.BZO2
</surveypage>

<surveypage BZO2>
/ questions = [1= q6KZ, q7KZ, q8LZ, q9KZ]
/ branch to surveypage.BZO3
</surveypage>

<surveypage BZO3>
/ questions = [1= q10LZ, q11LZ, q12LZ, q13KZ, q14LZ]
</surveypage>

Thank you!
Sarah
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Sarah1548015 - 9/28/2020
Dave - 9/28/2020
Sarah1548015 - 9/26/2020

/ pages = [
    1 = SOI1;
    2 = SOI2;
    3 = SOI3;
    4 = BZO1;
    5 = BZO2;
    6 = BZO3;
    7 = demographics1;
    8 = demographics2;
    9 = demographics3
]

Sarah!

/ pages = [
  3 = demographics1;
  4 = demographics2;
  5 = demographics3;
    ]

Hi Dave,

Now I have the problem that only page SOI1 and BZO1 are random. SOI2, SOI3 as well as BZO2 and BZO3 are missing although i wrote the / branch comments down...

<surveypage SOI1>
</surveypage>

<surveypage SOI2>
</surveypage>

<surveypage SOI3>
/ questions = [1 = q7D, q8D, q9D]
</surveypage>

<surveypage BZO1>
/ questions = [1= q1LZ, q2KZ, q3KZ, q4LZ, q5KZ]
/ branch to surveypage.BZO2
</surveypage>

<surveypage BZO2>
/ questions = [1= q6KZ, q7KZ, q8LZ, q9KZ]
/ branch to surveypage.BZO3
</surveypage>

<surveypage BZO3>
/ questions = [1= q10LZ, q11LZ, q12LZ, q13KZ, q14LZ]
</surveypage>

Thank you!
Sarah

<surveypage SOI1>
</surveypage>

That's not how /branch syntax works. It needs to read

<surveypage SOI1>
/ branch = [surveypage.SOI2]
</surveypage>

and so forth.
Sarah1548015
Sarah1548015
Dave - 9/28/2020
Sarah1548015 - 9/28/2020
Dave - 9/28/2020
Sarah1548015 - 9/26/2020

/ pages = [
    1 = SOI1;
    2 = SOI2;
    3 = SOI3;
    4 = BZO1;
    5 = BZO2;
    6 = BZO3;
    7 = demographics1;
    8 = demographics2;
    9 = demographics3
]

Sarah!

/ pages = [
  3 = demographics1;
  4 = demographics2;
  5 = demographics3;
    ]

Hi Dave,

<surveypage SOI1>
</surveypage>

<surveypage SOI2>
</surveypage>

<surveypage SOI3>