Hanging screen at the end of experiment

Author
factitious
Associate Member (148 reputation)Associate Member (148 reputation)Associate Member (148 reputation)Associate Member (148 reputation)Associate Member (148 reputation)Associate Member (148 reputation)Associate Member (148 reputation)Associate Member (148 reputation)Associate Member (148 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi Dave,

I'm hoping you could help with the following: after my experiment has finished running (locally; inquisit v5.0.14.0, macOS), my screen gets stuck on a grey screen instead of going back to the Inquisit Lab window. The keyboard is generally responsive, and I can exit with CMD + Q, but sometimes I have to Force Quit. Data seems to be saved fine, and everything else seems to be going smoothly. This is happening on two separate experiments 

I haven't been able to find anything on this issue online. Please let me know if you need any more details.

Thank you for your time!

Raul

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
factitious - 10/5/2020
Hi Dave,

I'm hoping you could help with the following: after my experiment has finished running (locally; inquisit v5.0.14.0, macOS), my screen gets stuck on a grey screen instead of going back to the Inquisit Lab window. The keyboard is generally responsive, and I can exit with CMD + Q, but sometimes I have to Force Quit. Data seems to be saved fine, and everything else seems to be going smoothly. This is happening on two separate experiments 

I haven't been able to find anything on this issue online. Please let me know if you need any more details.

Thank you for your time!

Raul

And which experiments is this happening with, please?
factitious
factitious
Associate Member (148 reputation)Associate Member (148 reputation)Associate Member (148 reputation)Associate Member (148 reputation)Associate Member (148 reputation)Associate Member (148 reputation)Associate Member (148 reputation)Associate Member (148 reputation)Associate Member (148 reputation)
Please find the batch file attached, as well as the final script in the batch.

Each script starting with the second is skipped depending on the answer given on the survey in script one. So, if not eligible they are sent to the final script (i.e. "notEligible.iqx"), otherwise, they do surveys and a task and based on their responses are taken to "debrief.iqx", "debriefSLC.iqx". That's the behaviour I was trying to achieve at least.

Thank you for your help. Please let me know if any of this doesn't make sense.

Attachments
ER-RU39-2_batch.iqx (222 views, 832 bytes)
ER-RU39-2_notEligible.iqx (195 views, 1.00 KB)
ER-RU39-2_debrief.iqx (189 views, 1.00 KB)
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
factitious - 10/5/2020

Each script starting with the second is skipped depending on the answer given on the survey in script one. So, if not eligible they are sent to the final script (i.e. "notEligible.iqx"), otherwise, they do surveys and a task and based on their responses are taken to "debrief.iqx", "debriefSLC.iqx". That's the behaviour I was trying to achieve at least.

And under what conditions does the "grey screen" hang occur? That's not clear to me from your description.
Dave
Dave
Dave - 10/5/2020
factitious - 10/5/2020

And under what conditions does the "grey screen" hang occur? That's not clear to me from your description.

Operating on a bit of a hunch here; can you try with the attached revisions of the two scripts and let me know if those produce the grey screen at the end as well?
Attachments
ER-RU39-2_debrief.iqx (200 views, 2.00 KB)
ER-RU39-2_notEligible.iqx (211 views, 1.00 KB)
factitious
factitious
Ah apologies, my bad. Inquisit will always hang on a grey screen after the end of the experiment, regardless of what the answers are during the surveys or what the final screen being presented is. 

But the keyboard is generally responsive, so it's not that inquisit freezes per se, but rather I'm left with a blank screen in the same color as the one used as background for my surveys and task (i.e. grey) and I can't even see anything else, not even my mouse cursor. Not sure if relevant, but I'm working on a Macbook with a dual-screen and this is only happening to the screen that ran inquisit. Also, I still have access to e.g. 'Mission Control' & 'Notification Centre' and can switch between Desktops, etc.

factitious
factitious
Dave - 10/5/2020
Dave - 10/5/2020
factitious - 10/5/2020

Operating on a bit of a hunch here; can you try with the attached revisions of the two scripts and let me know if those produce the grey screen at the end as well?

Unfortunately, I'm getting the same.

Would it be helpful if I provided all the scripts in the batch? 

Dave
Dave
factitious - 10/5/2020
Dave - 10/5/2020
Dave - 10/5/2020
factitious - 10/5/2020

Maybe. Or at least a realistic, pared down set that reliably produces the issue on your system.
factitious
factitious
Dave - 10/5/2020
factitious - 10/5/2020
Dave - 10/5/2020
Dave - 10/5/2020
factitious - 10/5/2020

Maybe. Or at least a realistic, pared down set that reliably produces the issue on your system.

Please find attached. I can consistently replicate the issue with these files. 

Attachments
ER-RU39-2_batch.iqx (205 views, 766 bytes)
ER-RU39-2_eligibility.iqx (197 views, 2.00 KB)
ER-RU39-2_demographics.iqx (194 views, 6.00 KB)
ER-RU39-2_debrief.iqx (182 views, 2.00 KB)
ER-RU39-2_notEligible.iqx (207 views, 1.00 KB)
ER-RU39-2_notEligible.iqx (196 views, 1.00 KB)
Dave
Dave
factitious - 10/5/2020
Dave - 10/5/2020
factitious - 10/5/2020
Dave - 10/5/2020
Dave - 10/5/2020
factitious - 10/5/2020

Please find attached. I can consistently replicate the issue with these files. 

Thanks -- I'll see if I can reproduce and figure out what the issue is. Might take a while to get around to it.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search