Participant IDs

Author
SunnyAg
New Member (41 reputation)New Member (41 reputation)New Member (41 reputation)New Member (41 reputation)New Member (41 reputation)New Member (41 reputation)New Member (41 reputation)New Member (41 reputation)New Member (41 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi! I'm pretty new to Inquisit and just created my first online experiment. I've added a URL to the finish page to direct participants from Inquisit to Qualtrics and I want the participant IDs created in Inquisit to transfer to Qualtrics. I've followed the directions on the web page discussing how to interoperate Inquisit Web with Qualtrics and added ?subjectid=<%script.subjectid%> to the end of the Qualtrics URL. The participant ID is not crossing to Qualtrics. I would appreciate any help!
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
SunnyAg - 10/22/2020
Hi! I'm pretty new to Inquisit and just created my first online experiment. I've added a URL to the finish page to direct participants from Inquisit to Qualtrics and I want the participant IDs created in Inquisit to transfer to Qualtrics. I've followed the directions on the web page discussing how to interoperate Inquisit Web with Qualtrics and added ?subjectid=<%script.subjectid%> to the end of the Qualtrics URL. The participant ID is not crossing to Qualtrics. I would appreciate any help!

Inquisit is passing the ID along just fine:

You need to set your Qualtrics survey up to read in the "subjectid" URL parameter:
https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-flow/standard-elements/passing-information-through-query-strings#PassingInformationIntoASurvey

SunnyAg
SunnyAg
New Member (41 reputation)New Member (41 reputation)New Member (41 reputation)New Member (41 reputation)New Member (41 reputation)New Member (41 reputation)New Member (41 reputation)New Member (41 reputation)New Member (41 reputation)
Dave - 10/22/2020
SunnyAg - 10/22/2020

You need to set your Qualtrics survey up to read in the "subjectid" URL parameter:
https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-flow/standard-elements/passing-information-through-query-strings#PassingInformationIntoASurvey

Thank you! It looks like Inquisit was passing the id along on my end too. I see the subject id in the URL but I guess I didn't see it listed anywhere when i pulled the report in qualtrics. But that's a qualtrics question. Thank you very much!

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
SunnyAg - 10/22/2020
Dave - 10/22/2020
SunnyAg - 10/22/2020

Thank you! It looks like Inquisit was passing the id along on my end too. I see the subject id in the URL but I guess I didn't see it listed anywhere when i pulled the report in qualtrics. But that's a qualtrics question. Thank you very much!

From memory:
- At the top your survey flow, create an new embedded data element https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-flow/standard-elements/embedded-data#CreatingAnEmbeddedDataElement
- Give it the name "subjectid" (without quotes).
- Select "Value will be set from Panel or URL."

That should be all you need to capture the ID in your Qualtrics data.

Edited 4 Years Ago by Dave
SunnyAg
SunnyAg
Dave - 10/22/2020
SunnyAg - 10/22/2020
Dave - 10/22/2020
SunnyAg - 10/22/2020

From memory:
- At the top your survey flow, create an new embedded data element https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-flow/standard-elements/embedded-data#CreatingAnEmbeddedDataElement
- Give it the name "subjectid" (without quotes).
- Select "Value will be set from Panel or URL."

That should be all you need to capture the ID in your Qualtrics data.

Thank you so much! It worked great and I see subject ids now.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search