Is it possible to display a circle the location that participants clicked?

Author
maya_mcg
Associate Member (129 reputation)Associate Member (129 reputation)Associate Member (129 reputation)Associate Member (129 reputation)Associate Member (129 reputation)Associate Member (129 reputation)Associate Member (129 reputation)Associate Member (129 reputation)Associate Member (129 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
My experiment includes a task where participants are shown a photo for a given period of time, and they must try to find a small image in that photo. Is it possible to display a circle around where that participans mouse clicked so they can see their prior guesses? Also, would it be possible to limit the number of mouse clicks to 3 guesses, and display on the top of the screen how many guesses they have left?

My current trial code looks like this:

<trial clip>
/ stimulustimes = [1=waldo, scream]
/ timeout = 20000
/ recorddata = true
/ inputdevice = mouse
</trial>

Let me know if anyone has any ideas of a solution! 

:)
Maya
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
maya_mcg - 11/10/2020
My experiment includes a task where participants are shown a photo for a given period of time, and they must try to find a small image in that photo. Is it possible to display a circle around where that participans mouse clicked so they can see their prior guesses? Also, would it be possible to limit the number of mouse clicks to 3 guesses, and display on the top of the screen how many guesses they have left?

<trial clip>
/ timeout = 20000
/ recorddata = true
/ inputdevice = mouse
</trial>

Maya

Yeah, all of that is possible. See the attached example.
Attachments
experiment.iqx (155 views, 2.00 KB)
example.png (162 views, 19.00 KB)
circle.png (152 views, 27.00 KB)
maya_mcg
maya_mcg
Associate Member (129 reputation)Associate Member (129 reputation)Associate Member (129 reputation)Associate Member (129 reputation)Associate Member (129 reputation)Associate Member (129 reputation)Associate Member (129 reputation)Associate Member (129 reputation)Associate Member (129 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - 11/10/2020
maya_mcg - 11/10/2020

<trial clip>
/ timeout = 20000
/ recorddata = true
/ inputdevice = mouse
</trial>

Maya

Yeah, all of that is possible. See the attached example.

Thank you Dave! :)
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search