I would like to keep track of the number of 'coins' a participant has left.

I would like to keep track of the number of 'coins' a participant has...
Author
maya_mcg
Associate Member (129 reputation)Associate Member (129 reputation)Associate Member (129 reputation)Associate Member (129 reputation)Associate Member (129 reputation)Associate Member (129 reputation)Associate Member (129 reputation)Associate Member (129 reputation)Associate Member (129 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
In my experiment, I would like to start the participant off with 100 coins. Throughout the experiment, the participant encounters 'betting' trials where they are able to bet a certain number of their coins.
I used radiobuttons to record the participants' bet.

Is it possible to keep track of the number of coins that were bet, and then inform the participant of how many coins they have left when they encounter the next betting page (100 minus the number of coins they have bet thus far)?

Below is my code for the betting radiobuttons and the betting surveypage:

<radiobuttons bet_radiobuttons>
/ options = ("1 Coin", "2 Coins", "3 Coins","4 Coins", "5 Coins", "6 Coins", "7 Coins", "8 Coins", "9 Coins", "10 Coins")
/ optionvalues = ("1", "2", "3", "4", "5", "6", "7", "8", "9", "10")
/ required = true
</radiobuttons>

<surveypage bet>
/ questions = [1=bet_radiobuttons]
/ showpagenumbers = false
/ showquestionnumbers = false
/ stimulustimes = [1=how_many]
/ recorddata = true
</surveypage>

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
maya_mcg - 11/12/2020
In my experiment, I would like to start the participant off with 100 coins. Throughout the experiment, the participant encounters 'betting' trials where they are able to bet a certain number of their coins.

Is it possible to keep track of the number of coins that were bet, and then inform the participant of how many coins they have left when they encounter the next betting page (100 minus the number of coins they have bet thus far)?

/ options = ("1 Coin", "2 Coins", "3 Coins","4 Coins", "5 Coins", "6 Coins", "7 Coins", "8 Coins", "9 Coins", "10 Coins")
/ required = true
</radiobuttons>

<surveypage bet>
/ recorddata = true
</surveypage>

Yes.

<values>
/ coins_left = 100
</values>

<block example>
/ trials = [1-5 = bet]
</block>

/ caption = "You have <%values.coins_left%> coin(s) left. How may coins do you want to bet?"
/ required = true
</radiobuttons>

<surveypage bet>
/ ontrialend = [
    values.coins_left -= radiobuttons.bet_radiobuttons.response;
]
/ recorddata = true
</surveypage>
maya_mcg
maya_mcg
Associate Member (129 reputation)Associate Member (129 reputation)Associate Member (129 reputation)Associate Member (129 reputation)Associate Member (129 reputation)Associate Member (129 reputation)Associate Member (129 reputation)Associate Member (129 reputation)Associate Member (129 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - 11/12/2020
maya_mcg - 11/12/2020

/ required = true
</radiobuttons>

<surveypage bet>
/ recorddata = true
</surveypage>

Yes.

<values>
/ coins_left = 100
</values>

<block example>
/ trials = [1-5 = bet]
</block>

/ caption = "You have <%values.coins_left%> coin(s) left. How may coins do you want to bet?"
/ required = true
</radiobuttons>

<surveypage bet>
/ ontrialend = [
    values.coins_left -= radiobuttons.bet_radiobuttons.response;
]
/ recorddata = true
</surveypage>

Thank you so much!