Mac OS Big Sur

Author
Kosinski_Lille
Associate Member (140 reputation)Associate Member (140 reputation)Associate Member (140 reputation)Associate Member (140 reputation)Associate Member (140 reputation)Associate Member (140 reputation)Associate Member (140 reputation)Associate Member (140 reputation)Associate Member (140 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,
Since I've upgraded my mac on MacOS big Sur, I encounter problems with both inquisit 5 and 6.
When I open a script (made with inquisit 5 and working befor the update of mac OS):
- On inquisit 5, the script do not work, almost each line of the script is replicated tens of times. Other lines are missing.
- On inquisit 6, the script seems to be ok, but when I run the script, many of my stimuli are not presented.
- I'm unable to install Inquisit 4 on this mac OS.
Is this a global problem with the update ? Or just on my laptop ?
(I can join the script if needed)
Thanks you.
T
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Kosinski_Lille - 11/18/2020
Hi,
Since I've upgraded my mac on MacOS big Sur, I encounter problems with both inquisit 5 and 6.
When I open a script (made with inquisit 5 and working befor the update of mac OS):
- On inquisit 5, the script do not work, almost each line of the script is replicated tens of times. Other lines are missing.
- On inquisit 6, the script seems to be ok, but when I run the script, many of my stimuli are not presented.
Thanks you.
T

Inquisit 4 is not compatible with Big Sur.
Inquisit 5 Lab's editor component is not compatible with Big Sur. You should still be able to execute scripts with it under Big Sur.
I'm not aware of any incompatibility with respect to Inqusiit 6 under Big Sur. Please provide the script showing this issue

"On inquisit 6, the script seems to be ok, but when I run the script, many of my stimuli are not presented."

and please detail wich stimuli specifically are not presented.
Kosinski_Lille
Kosinski_Lille
Associate Member (140 reputation)Associate Member (140 reputation)Associate Member (140 reputation)Associate Member (140 reputation)Associate Member (140 reputation)Associate Member (140 reputation)Associate Member (140 reputation)Associate Member (140 reputation)Associate Member (140 reputation)
Dave - 11/18/2020
Hi,
Thanks you.
T

Inquisit 5 Lab's editor component is not compatible with Big Sur. You should still be able to execute scripts with it under Big Sur.
I'm not aware of any incompatibility with respect to Inqusiit 6 under Big Sur. Please provide the script showing this issue

"On inquisit 6, the script seems to be ok, but when I run the script, many of my stimuli are not presented."

Hi,
please find in attached all the files needed for the script Attention 2021.iqx
Inquisit 6 Lab editor open the script correctly and run the script "without errors". However, shapes (zone_Gauche, zone_Droite, hors_zone_Gauche, hors_zone_Droite) and pictures (e.g. Haut_Gauche_avec_menace, Haut_Droite_avec_menace, Bas_Gauche_avec_menace, Bas_Droite_avec_menace) are supposed to be presented during trials, but they don't (illustration of the trial sequence in trial sequence.png). It is surprising because this program worked on Mac OS Catalina, before the update to Big Sur.
Thank you for your hel
Bests.
Thierry
Attachments
Attention 2021.iqx (165 views, 41.00 KB)
cible.png (195 views, 7.00 KB)
colere bleu.png (167 views, 104.00 KB)
colere jaune.png (165 views, 101.00 KB)
colere rouge.png (191 views, 82.00 KB)
colere vert.png (162 views, 80.00 KB)
neutre bleu.png (169 views, 96.00 KB)
neutre jaune.png (167 views, 93.00 KB)
neutre rouge.png (192 views, 76.00 KB)
neutre vert.png (167 views, 74.00 KB)
QUESTIONNAIRE_PEURS.iqx (153 views, 36.00 KB)
STAI_ETAT.iqx (148 views, 18.00 KB)
STAI_TRAIT.iqx (168 views, 19.00 KB)
trial sequence.png (166 views, 47.00 KB)
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Dave - 11/18/2020
Hi,
Thanks you.
T

Hi,
Inquisit 6 Lab editor open the script correctly and run the script "without errors". However, shapes (zone_Gauche, zone_Droite, hors_zone_Gauche, hors_zone_Droite) and pictures (e.g. Haut_Gauche_avec_menace, Haut_Droite_avec_menace, Bas_Gauche_avec_menace, Bas_Droite_avec_menace) are supposed to be presented during trials, but they don't (illustration of the trial sequence in trial sequence.png). It is surprising because this program worked on Mac OS Catalina, before the update to Big Sur.
Thank you for your hel
Bests.
Thierry

Thank you for the files. Just to make sure: You have the latest Inquisit 6 Lab release installed (6.3.1)?
Kosinski_Lille
Kosinski_Lille
Dave - 11/18/2020
Dave - 11/18/2020
Hi,
Thanks you.
T

Hi,
Thank you for your hel
Bests.
Thierry

Thank you for the files. Just to make sure: You have the latest Inquisit 6 Lab release installed (6.3.1)?

Yes.
Attachments
Dave
Dave
Dave - 11/18/2020
Dave - 11/18/2020
Hi,
Thanks you.
T

Hi,
Thank you for your hel
Bests.
Thierry

Yes.

Thank you. It's not so much a Big Sur issue, but rather some subtle changes between 6.2. and 6.3, I think.

Please try the revised version of the script attached below.
Attachments
Attention 2021_fixed.iqx (167 views, 41.00 KB)
Kosinski_Lille
Kosinski_Lille
Dave - 11/18/2020
Dave - 11/18/2020
Dave - 11/18/2020
Hi,
Thanks you.
T

Hi,
Thank you for your hel
Bests.
Thierry

Yes.

Thank you. It's not so much a Big Sur issue, but rather some subtle changes between 6.2. and 6.3, I think.

Please try the revised version of the script attached below.

THANKS A LOT !!!!!!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search