Sending strings of text to SR eye-tracker

Author
nidhi_desai
Respected Member (474 reputation)Respected Member (474 reputation)Respected Member (474 reputation)Respected Member (474 reputation)Respected Member (474 reputation)Respected Member (474 reputation)Respected Member (474 reputation)Respected Member (474 reputation)Respected Member (474 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Is it possible to send a string of text to the eye-tracker SR plugin? All examples I have seen define a marker using <port> in which the items are numbers, but I want to send a string of letters as a marker at certain times during the experiment. I wanted to know if its possible. Something like this:

<port experimentBeginPortEyeTracker>
/ port = eyetracker
/ subport = data
/ items = ("goToWinTrial") 
</port>

Do you think the problem might be having /subport = data in this script?
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
nidhi_desai - 12/11/2020
Is it possible to send a string of text to the eye-tracker SR plugin? All examples I have seen define a marker using <port> in which the items are numbers, but I want to send a string of letters as a marker at certain times during the experiment. I wanted to know if its possible. Something like this:

<port experimentBeginPortEyeTracker>
/ port = eyetracker
/ subport = data
/ items = ("goToWinTrial") 
</port>

Do you think the problem might be having /subport = data in this script?

I'm afraid only numerical / integer markers are possible at present, though for eye trackers the port element allows for 32 bits (not just 8 bits).

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search