Testing formatting on different displays

Author
Sko
Associate Member (52 reputation)Associate Member (52 reputation)Associate Member (52 reputation)Associate Member (52 reputation)Associate Member (52 reputation)Associate Member (52 reputation)Associate Member (52 reputation)Associate Member (52 reputation)Associate Member (52 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

I was wondering if there is a way to see how my scrip would run on different screens. Perhaps there is a function that would allow me to run the script in a way that would show how the formatting, images, etc. will look on other screens (e.g., bigger or smaller). I want to run an experiment online but I am afraid that the formatting that people see will be different on different monitors and displays.
P.S. I am already using the code below and percentages to indicate size of text, images etc. to standardize it across displays.
/ canvasaspectratio = (4,3)
/ canvassize = (100%, 100%)

Thank you!
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Sko - 1/5/2021
Hello,

I was wondering if there is a way to see how my scrip would run on different screens. Perhaps there is a function that would allow me to run the script in a way that would show how the formatting, images, etc. will look on other screens (e.g., bigger or smaller). I want to run an experiment online but I am afraid that the formatting that people see will be different on different monitors and displays.
P.S. I am already using the code below and percentages to indicate size of text, images etc. to standardize it across displays.

Thank you!

To emulate different screen sizes and aspect ratios, you can use /windowsize in <defaults> set to different pixel values.

/ windowsize = (1024px, 768px)

or

/ windowsize = (1600px, 900px)

etc.

Sko
Sko
Associate Member (52 reputation)Associate Member (52 reputation)Associate Member (52 reputation)Associate Member (52 reputation)Associate Member (52 reputation)Associate Member (52 reputation)Associate Member (52 reputation)Associate Member (52 reputation)Associate Member (52 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - 1/5/2021
Sko - 1/5/2021
Hello,

Thank you!

To emulate different screen sizes and aspect ratios, you can use /windowsize in <defaults> set to different pixel values.

/ windowsize = (1024px, 768px)

or

/ windowsize = (1600px, 900px)

etc.
That works wonderfully, thank you
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore