redirect to a Qualtrics survey using participant's answer

Author
tecnika
Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,  when I redirect the survey to Qualtrics at the end of an Inquisit web experiment, I am used to add  “?subjectid=<%script.subjectid%>” at the end of the qualtrics link.

Instead of using the subject ID, is it possible to use a response given by the participant (in a surveypage at the beginning of the experiment)?

Thank you
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
tecnika - 1/18/2021
Hello,  when I redirect the survey to Qualtrics at the end of an Inquisit web experiment, I am used to add  “?subjectid=<%script.subjectid%>” at the end of the qualtrics link.

Instead of using the subject ID, is it possible to use a response given by the participant (in a surveypage at the beginning of the experiment)?

Thank you

Yes, you can set the URL to redirect to in your script (not the web interface) /onexptend per the defaults.finishpage property. You can have anything the script knows about in that URL, including some response given to a question on a surveypage.

tecnika
tecnika
Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)
Dave - 1/18/2021
tecnika - 1/18/2021

Thank you

Yes, you can set the URL to redirect to in your script (not the web interface) /onexptend per the defaults.finishpage property. You can have anything the script knows about in that URL, including some response given to a question on a surveypage.

Thank you! In the specific I would like that the qualtrics data will contain the "participant identification code" that the participant will enter in Inquisit so the data Inquisit and the qualtrics datafiles can be referenced easily via this identification code (rather than the subject ID) in the offline analysis. Do you know if this is done automatically using the method you mention?
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
tecnika - 1/18/2021
Dave - 1/18/2021
tecnika - 1/18/2021

Thank you

Thank you! In the specific I would like that the qualtrics data will contain the "participant identification code" that the participant will enter in Inquisit so the data Inquisit and the qualtrics datafiles can be referenced easily via this identification code (rather than the subject ID) in the offline analysis. Do you know if this is done automatically using the method you mention?

I don't understand what you mean by "automatically".
tecnika
tecnika
Dave - 1/18/2021
tecnika - 1/18/2021
Dave - 1/18/2021
tecnika - 1/18/2021

Thank you

I meant if Qualtrics will have this  "participant identification code" in the data file without any extra coding in Qualtrics
Dave
Dave
tecnika - 1/18/2021
Dave - 1/18/2021
tecnika - 1/18/2021
Dave - 1/18/2021
tecnika - 1/18/2021

Thank you

I meant if Qualtrics will have this  "participant identification code" in the data file without any extra coding in Qualtrics

That's a Qualtrics question then. In general, you will need to configure Qualtrics to read in a URL parameter via its "embedded data" feature, see the Qualtrics documentation for details.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search