Start button problems

Author
Matt Peterson
Partner Member (521 reputation)Partner Member (521 reputation)Partner Member (521 reputation)Partner Member (521 reputation)Partner Member (521 reputation)Partner Member (521 reputation)Partner Member (521 reputation)Partner Member (521 reputation)Partner Member (521 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
A colleague sent me a link to two experiments to try out (one happens to use Inquisit 5 and the other Inquisit 6).  Went I press the start button, it downloads Inquisit Player (5 or 6), yet I already had both players installed.  Thinking they might be updates, I dragged them to my Applications folder. When I pressed Start again, it proceeded to download the .dmg files again.  I closed the window, followed the link from the email (opening a new browser window), and the same behavior happened.

Thinking it might be my machine, I tried a different computer.  The same thing happened: instead of launching the experiment, the Start button downloaded the player .dmg file (again, the latest version of player was already installed on that computer).  I thought there might be something wrong with his scripts, so I went to millisecond.com and launched one of my old experiments that I know has worked just fine in the past. Again, the same behavior.

First computer:
OSX 10.15.7
Safari 14.0.1

Second Computer:
osx 10.14.6
safari 14.0.2
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Matt Peterson - 1/20/2021
A colleague sent me a link to two experiments to try out (one happens to use Inquisit 5 and the other Inquisit 6).  Went I press the start button, it downloads Inquisit Player (5 or 6), yet I already had both players installed.  Thinking they might be updates, I dragged them to my Applications folder. When I pressed Start again, it proceeded to download the .dmg files again.  I closed the window, followed the link from the email (opening a new browser window), and the same behavior happened.

Thinking it might be my machine, I tried a different computer.  The same thing happened: instead of launching the experiment, the Start button downloaded the player .dmg file (again, the latest version of player was already installed on that computer).  I thought there might be something wrong with his scripts, so I went to millisecond.com and launched one of my old experiments that I know has worked just fine in the past. Again, the same behavior.

First computer:
OSX 10.15.7
Safari 14.0.1

Second Computer:
osx 10.14.6
safari 14.0.2

When did you conduct these tests, if I may ask? There was a launch page issue fixed about 50 minutes ago that could be what you were running into. If your tests happened before that, could you please try again now and let me know if the problem persists for you? Thanks.

Matt Peterson
Matt Peterson
Partner Member (521 reputation)Partner Member (521 reputation)Partner Member (521 reputation)Partner Member (521 reputation)Partner Member (521 reputation)Partner Member (521 reputation)Partner Member (521 reputation)Partner Member (521 reputation)Partner Member (521 reputation)
Dave - 1/20/2021

First computer:
OSX 10.15.7
Safari 14.0.1

Second Computer:
osx 10.14.6
safari 14.0.2

When did you conduct these tests, if I may ask? There was a launch page issue fixed about 50 minutes ago that could be what you were running into. If your tests happened before that, could you please try again now and let me know if the problem persists for you? Thanks.
Between 9am and 1:05 PM eastern 
Matt Peterson
Matt Peterson
Dave - 1/20/2021

First computer:
OSX 10.15.7
Safari 14.0.1

Second Computer:
osx 10.14.6
safari 14.0.2

I tried it again at 1pm Eastern.

P.S. I am unable to reply unless I go to "Edit HTML" and then go "Back to Design"
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Dave - 1/20/2021

First computer:
OSX 10.15.7
Safari 14.0.1

Second Computer:
osx 10.14.6
safari 14.0.2

Okay, at least the last test (1:05 PM Eastern) definitely post-dates the other fix then. We'll take another look at the download issue and get that sorted.

Dave
Dave
Dave - 1/20/2021
Dave - 1/20/2021

First computer:
OSX 10.15.7
Safari 14.0.1

Second Computer:
osx 10.14.6
safari 14.0.2

Okay, at least the last test (1:05 PM Eastern) definitely post-dates the other fix then. We'll take another look at the download issue and get that sorted.

The issue should be resolved now; in case it persists for you or resurfaces, please let me know.
Matt Peterson
Matt Peterson
Dave - 1/20/2021
Dave - 1/20/2021

Works for me now.
Dave - 1/20/2021

First computer:
OSX 10.15.7
Safari 14.0.1

Second Computer:
osx 10.14.6
safari 14.0.2

The issue should be resolved now; in case it persists for you or resurfaces, please let me know.

Works for me now (excluding this bulletin board, which requires me to code in html in order for my replies to show up)
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search