Randomization with Stimulus Pairs + Incorporation of Likert Response

Author
erinkb99
New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello!

I have a stimulus set that includes a virtual face (image), which is matched with a human face, with 5 manipulations. I am presenting one of the manipulations of the virtual face, followed by a likert response, and then the matched human face. I want to randomize which of the 5 virtual face manipulations appears, make sure the matched human face follows, and also randomize the pairs themselves. 

I'm really struggling with this, especially since I'm currently using radio buttons for the likert response.

If you want to see how I currently have it set up, let me know! Thank you for your input!!
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
erinkb99 - 1/27/2021
Hello!

I have a stimulus set that includes a virtual face (image), which is matched with a human face, with 5 manipulations. I am presenting one of the manipulations of the virtual face, followed by a likert response, and then the matched human face. I want to randomize which of the 5 virtual face manipulations appears, make sure the matched human face follows, and also randomize the pairs themselves. 

I'm really struggling with this, especially since I'm currently using radio buttons for the likert response.

If you want to see how I currently have it set up, let me know! Thank you for your input!!

Please provide a stripped down version of your current script with, say, 3 sets of items ( 3 x 5 manipulations of the virtual face, and 3 matched human face).
erinkb99
erinkb99
New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)
Dave - 1/27/2021
erinkb99 - 1/27/2021
Hello!

Please provide a stripped down version of your current script with, say, 3 sets of items ( 3 x 5 manipulations of the virtual face, and 3 matched human face).

Thank you for your help!

<item human>
/ 1 = "Female-1.png"
/ 2 = "Female-2.png"
/ 3 = "Male-3.png"
</item>

<item virtualBlond>
/ 1 = "Cartoon-Eyes-Large-Blond.png"
/ 2 = "Cartoon-Eyes-Small-Blond.png"
/ 3 = "Cartoon-Lips-Large-Blond.png"
/ 4 = "Cartoon-Lips-Small-Blond.png"
/ 5 = "Cartoon-Medium-All-Blond.png"
</item>

<item virtualblbm>
/ 1 = "Cartoon-eyes-large-blblm.png"
/ 2 = "Cartoon-eyes-small-blblm.png"
/ 3 = "Cartoon-lips-large-blblm.png"
/ 4 = "Cartoon-lips-small-blblm.png"
/ 5 = "Cartoon-medium-all-blblm.png"
</item>

As you can see, the human faces are separated and are simply by number. The first two are blond with blue eyes, then blond with brown eyes (blb), and so on. So I was selecting using a sequence (not random, but it accomplished what I needed it to). The virtual faces are in groups of the matched features with the 5 manipulations. I was selecting using replacenorepeat.

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
erinkb99 - 1/27/2021
Dave - 1/27/2021
erinkb99 - 1/27/2021
Hello!

Thank you for your help!

<item human>
/ 1 = "Female-1.png"
/ 2 = "Female-2.png"
/ 3 = "Male-3.png"
</item>

<item virtualBlond>
</item>

<item virtualblbm>
</item>

As you can see, the human faces are separated and are simply by number. The first two are blond with blue eyes, then blond with brown eyes (blb), and so on. So I was selecting using a sequence (not random, but it accomplished what I needed it to). The virtual faces are in groups of the matched features with the 5 manipulations. I was selecting using replacenorepeat.

Where's the rest of the code, please, and where are the actual image files, please?

A few isolated <item> elements aren't really anything I can work with.
Dave
Dave
Dave - 1/27/2021
erinkb99 - 1/27/2021
Dave - 1/27/2021
erinkb99 - 1/27/2021
Hello!

Thank you for your help!

<item human>
/ 1 = "Female-1.png"
/ 2 = "Female-2.png"
/ 3 = "Male-3.png"
</item>

<item virtualBlond>
</item>

<item virtualblbm>
</item>

Where's the rest of the code, please, and where are the actual image files, please?

It's also not clear at all from those item elements or your description with human face(s) "match" which virtual faces, i.e. what the actual "pairs" are.
erinkb99
erinkb99
Dave - 1/27/2021
Dave - 1/27/2021
erinkb99 - 1/27/2021
Dave - 1/27/2021
erinkb99 - 1/27/2021
Hello!

Thank you for your help!

<item human>
/ 1 = "Female-1.png"
/ 2 = "Female-2.png"
/ 3 = "Male-3.png"
</item>

<item virtualBlond>
</item>

<item virtualblbm>
</item>

It's also not clear at all from those item elements or your description with human face(s) "match" which virtual faces, i.e. what the actual "pairs" are.

Sorry. The file names do not match the features for the human faces, but the first two are blond, blue-eyed female, third and fourth is blond, blue-eyed male, which is why I was using the sequence in combination with matched virtual faces. I uploaded all the files related to the blond, blue-eyed female. This should be sufficient to illustrate. 
Attachments
uncanny_stripped.iqx (143 views, 6.00 KB)
Female-1.png (135 views, 210.00 KB)
Female-2.png (141 views, 212.00 KB)
Male-3.png (158 views, 70.00 KB)
Cartoon-Lips-Small-Blond.png (137 views, 192.00 KB)
Cartoon-Lips-Large-Blond.png (144 views, 189.00 KB)
Cartoon-Eyes-Large-Blond.png (146 views, 295.00 KB)
Cartoon-Eyes-Small-Blond.png (145 views, 300.00 KB)
Cartoon-Medium-All-Blond.png (136 views, 301.00 KB)
Dave
Dave
erinkb99 - 1/27/2021
Dave - 1/27/2021
Dave - 1/27/2021
erinkb99 - 1/27/2021
Dave - 1/27/2021
erinkb99 - 1/27/2021
Hello!

Thank you for your help!

<item human>
/ 1 = "Female-1.png"
/ 2 = "Female-2.png"
/ 3 = "Male-3.png"
</item>

<item virtualBlond>
</item>

<item virtualblbm>
</item>

Sorry. The file names do not match the features for the human faces, but the first two are blond, blue-eyed female, third and fourth is blond, blue-eyed male, which is why I was using the sequence in combination with matched virtual faces. I uploaded all the files related to the blond, blue-eyed female. This should be sufficient to illustrate. 

> I uploaded all the files related to the blond, blue-eyed female. This should be sufficient to illustrate.

What's "Male-3.png" there for then?
erinkb99
erinkb99
Dave - 1/27/2021
erinkb99 - 1/27/2021
Dave - 1/27/2021
Dave - 1/27/2021
erinkb99 - 1/27/2021
Dave - 1/27/2021
erinkb99 - 1/27/2021
Hello!

Thank you for your help!

<item human>
/ 1 = "Female-1.png"
/ 2 = "Female-2.png"
/ 3 = "Male-3.png"
</item>

<item virtualBlond>
</item>

<item virtualblbm>
</item>

> I uploaded all the files related to the blond, blue-eyed female. This should be sufficient to illustrate.

Just illustrating how I organized it.
Dave
Dave
erinkb99 - 1/27/2021
Dave - 1/27/2021
erinkb99 - 1/27/2021
Dave - 1/27/2021
Dave - 1/27/2021
erinkb99 - 1/27/2021
Dave - 1/27/2021
erinkb99 - 1/27/2021
Hello!

Thank you for your help!

<item human>
/ 1 = "Female-1.png"
/ 2 = "Female-2.png"
/ 3 = "Male-3.png"
</item>

<item virtualBlond>
</item>

<item virtualblbm>
</item>

Just illustrating how I organized it.

Okay, this isn't working.

Please spell out, in detail, how exactly you expect selection to work. Refer to any images and other elements exactly as they are named.

Finally, when you provide code, please provide any and all files that code requires to actually run, and please make sure the code as given actually runs. None of that is the case for what I have from you so far.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search