Extra input response in audit output file

Author
nidhi_desai
Respected Member (476 reputation)Respected Member (476 reputation)Respected Member (476 reputation)Respected Member (476 reputation)Respected Member (476 reputation)Respected Member (476 reputation)Respected Member (476 reputation)Respected Member (476 reputation)Respected Member (476 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
In the audit output with timing for each trial, stimulus, and responses, I get rows of  "input response" at the end of each trial even when I did not press any buttons during the trials. Could you explain to me why that is the case?
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
nidhi_desai - 2/16/2021
In the audit output with timing for each trial, stimulus, and responses, I get rows of  "input response" at the end of each trial even when I did not press any buttons during the trials. Could you explain to me why that is the case?

Even no response is a response. In the regular data files you see no response coded as 0 in the response column, and the corresponding latency will be that trial's response timeout. The input response rows in the audit file reflect the exact same thing.

nidhi_desai
nidhi_desai
Respected Member (476 reputation)Respected Member (476 reputation)Respected Member (476 reputation)Respected Member (476 reputation)Respected Member (476 reputation)Respected Member (476 reputation)Respected Member (476 reputation)Respected Member (476 reputation)Respected Member (476 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - 2/17/2021
nidhi_desai - 2/16/2021

Even no response is a response. In the regular data files you see no response coded as 0 in the response column, and the corresponding latency will be that trial's response timeout. The input response rows in the audit file reflect the exact same thing.

okay thank you for that information.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search