Add custom parameter to web experiment.

Author
maximilian.kraus@fhws.de
New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Our experiment is quite large and we would like to give users the option to only work on specific subsections at a time.
Is there any way we can add a custom parameter to our experiment url, so that we can check its value inside the inquisit script and only show appropriate blocks or trials?
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Our experiment is quite large and we would like to give users the option to only work on specific subsections at a time.
Is there any way we can add a custom parameter to our experiment url, so that we can check its value inside the inquisit script and only show appropriate blocks or trials?

You can pass in at most two pieces of information to a script via URL parameters:
- The subjectid (accessible via the script.subjectid property), and
- the groupid (accessible via the script.groupid property).

If your experiment does not need the groupid for e.g. condition assignment, you can use it for your purposes.

Edited 3 Years Ago by Dave
maximilian.kraus@fhws.de
maximilian.kraus@fhws.de
New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)
Thank you for the quick reply. We can use the groupid in our case :).

I understand you are an admin. May I suggest you forward a feature request to have web experiments accept custom url parameters that are assigned to matching <parameters> in the script? It would certainly enable a lot of configuration use cases for us and other users!

Thank you.
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Thank you for the quick reply. We can use the groupid in our case :).

I understand you are an admin. May I suggest you forward a feature request to have web experiments accept custom url parameters that are assigned to matching <parameters> in the script? It would certainly enable a lot of configuration use cases for us and other users!

Thank you.

I will be happy to do that.
maximilian.kraus@fhws.de
maximilian.kraus@fhws.de
I need your assistance one more time, I'm afraid.

How do I go about playing a different set of blocks depending on groupid?
I cant get it to work using expt / groupassignment, etc.

Can you be so kind and give an example?
Dave
Dave
I need your assistance one more time, I'm afraid.

How do I go about playing a different set of blocks depending on groupid?
I cant get it to work using expt / groupassignment, etc.

Can you be so kind and give an example?

You'll have to work with /skip attributes at the <block>-level, i.e. skip a given set of blocks if the group id is not what you want it to be for this set of blocks.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search