Dot Probe task

Author
Lakshmi
Associate Member (100 reputation)Associate Member (100 reputation)Associate Member (100 reputation)Associate Member (100 reputation)Associate Member (100 reputation)Associate Member (100 reputation)Associate Member (100 reputation)Associate Member (100 reputation)Associate Member (100 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello, 

I have created a task in Inquisit with my own stimuli, but i wanted to change the key responses for dot which is left arrow and right arrow key instead of alphabets.
I have tried using response key code left(4) and right(6) for left and right key response. But i couldn't get the setting of keyboard response. Can you please suggest me to setting for setting of key responses. I'm new to Inquisit.

Thanks in advance.

Lakshmi
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Lakshmi - 4/9/2021
Hello, 

I have created a task in Inquisit with my own stimuli, but i wanted to change the key responses for dot which is left arrow and right arrow key instead of alphabets.
I have tried using response key code left(4) and right(6) for left and right key response. But i couldn't get the setting of keyboard response. Can you please suggest me to setting for setting of key responses. I'm new to Inquisit.

Thanks in advance.

Lakshmi

The keyboard scancode for the left arrow key is 203, the keyboard scancode for the right arrow key is 205.

See Tools -> Keyboard Scancodes...

Lakshmi
Lakshmi
Associate Member (100 reputation)Associate Member (100 reputation)Associate Member (100 reputation)Associate Member (100 reputation)Associate Member (100 reputation)Associate Member (100 reputation)Associate Member (100 reputation)Associate Member (100 reputation)Associate Member (100 reputation)
Dave - 4/9/2021
Lakshmi - 4/9/2021
Hello, 

Thanks in advance.

Lakshmi

The keyboard scancode for the left arrow key is 203, the keyboard scancode for the right arrow key is 205.

Hello,

Thank you for your support

I understood that left and right arrow keys can set using scan code in inquisit. But I want to set in program to be used when program is running,I'm unable to set the left and right arrow keys in program as well as in keyboard scan codes. Can you help me with this ?

My program as follows..
<parameters>

/ probe = "X"
/ responsekey_left = "N"
/ responsekey_right = "M"
 I have to set N and M place as a left and right arrow keys in keyboard and as I'm using Mac.
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Lakshmi - 5/13/2021
Dave - 4/9/2021
Lakshmi - 4/9/2021
Hello, 

Thanks in advance.

Lakshmi

Hello,

I understood that left and right arrow keys can set using scan code in inquisit. But I want to set in program to be used when program is running,I'm unable to set the left and right arrow keys in program as well as in keyboard scan codes. Can you help me with this ?

My program as follows..
<parameters>

/ probe = "X"
/ responsekey_left = "N"
 I have to set N and M place as a left and right arrow keys in keyboard and as I'm using Mac.

> But I want to set in program to be used when program is running

I don't understand what this is supposed to mean. Please explain in sufficient detail what exactly you want to do.
Murakami
Murakami
New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)
Dave - 5/13/2021
Lakshmi - 5/13/2021
Dave - 4/9/2021
Lakshmi - 4/9/2021
Hello, 

Thanks in advance.

Lakshmi

Hello,

My program as follows..
<parameters>

/ probe = "X"
/ responsekey_left = "N"

I don't understand what this is supposed to mean. Please explain in sufficient detail what exactly you want to do.

Dave
Dave
Murakami - 5/14/2021
Dave - 5/13/2021
Lakshmi - 5/13/2021
Dave - 4/9/2021
Lakshmi - 4/9/2021
Hello, 

Thanks in advance.

Lakshmi

Hello,

My program as follows..
<parameters>

/ probe = "X"
/ responsekey_left = "N"

If there's a question here, I'm unable to locate it. Re-post it properl, please.
Lakshmi
Lakshmi
Dave - 5/14/2021
Murakami - 5/14/2021
Dave - 5/13/2021
Lakshmi - 5/13/2021
Dave - 4/9/2021
Lakshmi - 4/9/2021
Hello, 

Thanks in advance.

Lakshmi

Hello,

My program as follows..
<parameters>

/ probe = "X"
/ responsekey_left = "N"

If there's a question here, I'm unable to locate it. Re-post it properl, please.

Hello Dave,

Sorry for the confusion, I'm unable to set the key scancode in our program and when i select the tools and keyscancode it will only apear  codes when i press left and right arrow buttons  but how can i set in program like as shown in below 

/ responsekey_left = "N"
Dave
Dave
Lakshmi - 5/19/2021
Dave - 5/14/2021
Murakami - 5/14/2021
Dave - 5/13/2021
Lakshmi - 5/13/2021
Dave - 4/9/2021
Lakshmi - 4/9/2021
Hello, 

Thanks in advance.

Lakshmi

Hello,

My program as follows..
<parameters>

/ probe = "X"
/ responsekey_left = "N"

Hello Dave,

Sorry for the confusion, I'm unable to set the key scancode in our program and when i select the tools and keyscancode it will only apear  codes when i press left and right arrow buttons  but how can i set in program like as shown in below 

/ responsekey_left = "N"

I'm sorry, but this is exactly as unclear as the first time. Please explain in detail what exactly you want to do and what exactly is unclear to you.

AKrishna
AKrishna
Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)
If you're using the test library dot probe and your issue is what I think it is, you're probably having trouble because the test library code is set up for letter and number keys only. From a quick look, if you want to use arrow keys as a response, you could add extra parameters:
[code]
<parameters>
/ responsekey_left_name = "Left arrow"
/ responsekey_right_name = "Right arrow"

/responsekey_left = 203
/responsekey_right = 205
</parameters
[code]

The test library should read the key codes correctly in the task, but for the instructions to work, you will need to replace references to parameters.responsekey_left and parameters.responsekey_right with parameters.responsekey_left_name and parameters.responsekey_right_name respectively when they appear in the instructions.

Hope this helps!

Lakshmi
Lakshmi
AKrishna - 5/19/2021
If you're using the test library dot probe and your issue is what I think it is, you're probably having trouble because the test library code is set up for letter and number keys only. From a quick look, if you want to use arrow keys as a response, you could add extra parameters:
[code]
<parameters>
/ responsekey_left_name = "Left arrow"
/ responsekey_right_name = "Right arrow"

/responsekey_left = 203
/responsekey_right = 205
</parameters
[code]

The test library should read the key codes correctly in the task, but for the instructions to work, you will need to replace references to parameters.responsekey_left and parameters.responsekey_right with parameters.responsekey_left_name and parameters.responsekey_right_name respectively when they appear in the instructions.

Hope this helps!

It helped me to set key's for my program. Thank you so much.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search