Feature request: command line parameter that overrides free trial message

Author
AKrishna
Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Just thought I'd leave this here... I often create fairly large datasets with the Inquisit monkey to test whether all of my conditions and stimuli are being shown and recorded in data as expected. This is easily and elegantly possible with the ability to call Inquisit from the command line in a batch file:

FOR /L %%A IN (1,1,64) DO (
"C:/Program Files\Millisecond Software\Inquisit 6\Inquisit.exe" "MyExperiment.iqx" -s %%A -g 1 -m monkey
)

However, this only works on computers running the full license of Inquisit, even though the monkey can create data on trial license computers regardless of whether the trial period has lapsed. If I try to run Inquisit via the command line on a PC with a trial license, it opens the "this is a trial license" prompt, which requires me to click. Sometimes, the experiment then opens in Experiment Editor mode, other times nothing happens. It would be a great help to me if I could execute a batch file like this unattended - so Inquisit skips the trial license prompt and runs with the provided parameters. Is there any chance of this being implemented?

Cheers,
A

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search