Saving data from multiple iqx to one file

Author
manujamming
Associate Member (58 reputation)Associate Member (58 reputation)Associate Member (58 reputation)Associate Member (58 reputation)Associate Member (58 reputation)Associate Member (58 reputation)Associate Member (58 reputation)Associate Member (58 reputation)Associate Member (58 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello there!

I'm Manuel from Chile and i'm developing a test for a psychological research. Thing is because of the structure of the research i ended up with a main script like this:

<batch>
/ file = "consent_b.iqx"
/ file = "questionario_b.iqx"
</batch>

<batch>
/ selectionmode = random
/ file = "./scenario1/random_scenari_1_b.iqx"
/ file = "./scenario2/random_scenari_2_b.iqx"
/ file = "./scenario3/random_scenari_3_b.iqx"
/ file = "./scenario4/random_scenari_4_b.iqx"
/ file = "./scenario5/random_scenari_5_b.iqx"
</batch>

Thing is every file is saving it's result to it's own data folder. For example i would like to save all data from 1 participant in 1 row on a single data file maybe in the root folder. There is a way to accomplish this? An alternative way could be also to make a relation between data files, maybe adding in each one the name of the participant to link data between files, but this also would require to pass an argument to each file, no?

Thanks beforehand for your time and help!!
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
manujamming - 5/3/2021
Hello there!

I'm Manuel from Chile and i'm developing a test for a psychological research. Thing is because of the structure of the research i ended up with a main script like this:

<batch>
/ file = "consent_b.iqx"
/ file = "questionario_b.iqx"
</batch>

<batch>
/ selectionmode = random
/ file = "./scenario1/random_scenari_1_b.iqx"
/ file = "./scenario2/random_scenari_2_b.iqx"
/ file = "./scenario3/random_scenari_3_b.iqx"
/ file = "./scenario4/random_scenari_4_b.iqx"
/ file = "./scenario5/random_scenari_5_b.iqx"
</batch>

Thing is every file is saving it's result to it's own data folder. For example i would like to save all data from 1 participant in 1 row on a single data file maybe in the root folder. There is a way to accomplish this? An alternative way could be also to make a relation between data files, maybe adding in each one the name of the participant to link data between files, but this also would require to pass an argument to each file, no?

Thanks beforehand for your time and help!!

> I would like to save all data from 1 participant in 1 row on a single data file maybe in the root folder. There is a way to accomplish this?

No.

> An alternative way could be also to make a relation between data files, maybe adding in each one the name of the participant to link data between files.

Set /separatefiles = true in all <data>, <summarydata> and <survey> elements. The subject ID will then be part of the respective data file names.

manujamming
manujamming
Associate Member (58 reputation)Associate Member (58 reputation)Associate Member (58 reputation)Associate Member (58 reputation)Associate Member (58 reputation)Associate Member (58 reputation)Associate Member (58 reputation)Associate Member (58 reputation)Associate Member (58 reputation)
Uhmm i understand, so i will end up with bunch of files as results of each experiment... And later, Inquisit6 can help me to manage all that data? I don't know well if there are common or best practices to handle these kind of results or i will just have to open each file to extract mannually that data? What would you recommend me to do in this case?

Thanks Dave for your help i really appreciate it.
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
manujamming - 5/3/2021
Uhmm i understand, so i will end up with bunch of files as results of each experiment... And later, Inquisit6 can help me to manage all that data? I don't know well if there are common or best practices to handle these kind of results or i will just have to open each file to extract mannually that data? What would you recommend me to do in this case?

Thanks Dave for your help i really appreciate it.

I cannot really answer that since I know nothing about the format of the respective data files, what variables they record, what results you're interested in and would have to "extract" for data analysis, etc.

You can merge data files using Inquisit Lab as detailed here:  https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/v6/html/howto/howtocombinedata.htm .
*.iqdat files are simple, tab-delimited text files, which any spreadsheet or statistical analysis application can import, process and manipulate.

If you're collecting data online, you can select multiple data files contained in a given online data folder and download them as a single, merged file in a variety of formats (.iqdat, .xlsx, .csv).

manujamming
manujamming
Thank you so much! Things are a lot clearer, i will keep searching to understand better how to achieve what you suggest.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search