Mixed up data folders

Author
DannyPilgrim
Respected Member (479 reputation)Respected Member (479 reputation)Respected Member (479 reputation)Respected Member (479 reputation)Respected Member (479 reputation)Respected Member (479 reputation)Respected Member (479 reputation)Respected Member (479 reputation)Respected Member (479 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello again!

I've been working with some of my experiments on the Inquisit-Online Site for some time now.
Recently I discovered for two experiments "SOA_long_a" and "SOA_short_a" that their subfolders are mixed up. So that the Experiment "SOA_long_a" contains a subfolder with the same name and then another one with the name "SOA_short_a", although they are separate experiments.
Is there any way to change the location of saving or what is the origin of that problem?

Help is much appreciated!

Thank you very much.
Danny

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
DannyPilgrim - 5/28/2021
Hello again!

I've been working with some of my experiments on the Inquisit-Online Site for some time now.
Recently I discovered for two experiments "SOA_long_a" and "SOA_short_a" that their subfolders are mixed up. So that the Experiment "SOA_long_a" contains a subfolder with the same name and then another one with the name "SOA_short_a", although they are separate experiments.
Is there any way to change the location of saving or what is the origin of that problem?

Thank you very much.
Danny

Check the /file attributes in your scripts' <data> and <summarydata> elements. You likely have a mistake there.
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Dave - 5/28/2021
DannyPilgrim - 5/28/2021
Hello again!

Thank you very much.
Danny

Check the /file attributes in your scripts' <data> and <summarydata> elements. You likely have a mistake there.

I think I've located the data folders in question. It's not an Inquisit issue.

Data files are by default named after the script, unless specified otherwise per /file in <data>, <summarydata>, etc.

For the experiment "Klein_longSOA_firstB" initially a script called "longsoa_firstb.iqx" was registered. Hence the "longsoa_firstb" data folder.
On May 12, that script was replaced with one called "shortsoa_firstb.iqx":

Hence the "shortsoa_firstb" data folder.

You will find that all data in the "longsoa_firstb" data folder predate May 12.

DannyPilgrim
DannyPilgrim
Respected Member (479 reputation)Respected Member (479 reputation)Respected Member (479 reputation)Respected Member (479 reputation)Respected Member (479 reputation)Respected Member (479 reputation)Respected Member (479 reputation)Respected Member (479 reputation)Respected Member (479 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - 5/28/2021
Dave - 5/28/2021
DannyPilgrim - 5/28/2021
Hello again!

Thank you very much.
Danny

I think I've located the data folders in question. It's not an Inquisit issue.

Data files are by default named after the script, unless specified otherwise per /file in <data>, <summarydata>, etc.

For the experiment "Klein_longSOA_firstB" initially a script called "longsoa_firstb.iqx" was registered. Hence the "longsoa_firstb" data folder.
On May 12, that script was replaced with one called "shortsoa_firstb.iqx":

Hence the "shortsoa_firstb" data folder.

You will find that all data in the "longsoa_firstb" data folder predate May 12.

Thank you very much!

I have not been aware about this. I have switched the scripts now and it should work properly!

Best regards,
Danny
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search