Back Next and Continue Buttons on scrolling survey page

Author
daniel.h
Associate Member (95 reputation)Associate Member (95 reputation)Associate Member (95 reputation)Associate Member (95 reputation)Associate Member (95 reputation)Associate Member (95 reputation)Associate Member (95 reputation)Associate Member (95 reputation)Associate Member (95 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have a survey page with 24 items. the navigation buttons appear at the correct location when the page loads but when I scroll down the buttons do not scroll with the rest of the items. What needs to be added to the page parameters to make the navigation buttons stay at the bottom of the screen when scrolling. Using "backbuttonposition" allows me to place the button on the screen where I would like, but it does not stay there when I scroll down to read the other items. Below shows how my page is set up:

Thank you!

<surveypage HH_Att_S1>
/caption ="<%parameters.pageinstructions%>"
/ fontstyle = ("Arial", 2.5%, false, false, false, false, 5, 1)
/subcaptionfontstyle = ("Arial", 2%, false, false, false, false, 5, 1)
/itemfontstyle = ("Arial", 2.25%, false, false, false, false, 5, 1)
/responsefontstyle = ("Arial", 2%, false, false, false, false, 5, 1)
/ txcolor = (0, 0, 0)
/questions = [1 = q01, q02, q03, q04, q05, q06, q07, q08, q09, q10, q11, q12, q13, q14, q15, q16, q17, q18, q19, q20, q21, q22, q23, q24]
/showpagenumbers = false
/showquestionnumbers = false
/ nextbuttonposition = (75%, 90%)
/ backbuttonposition = (25%, 90%)
</surveypage>

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
daniel.h - 6/7/2021
I have a survey page with 24 items. the navigation buttons appear at the correct location when the page loads but when I scroll down the buttons do not scroll with the rest of the items. What needs to be added to the page parameters to make the navigation buttons stay at the bottom of the screen when scrolling. Using "backbuttonposition" allows me to place the button on the screen where I would like, but it does not stay there when I scroll down to read the other items. Below shows how my page is set up:

Thank you!

<surveypage HH_Att_S1>
/caption ="<%parameters.pageinstructions%>"
/ fontstyle = ("Arial", 2.5%, false, false, false, false, 5, 1)
/subcaptionfontstyle = ("Arial", 2%, false, false, false, false, 5, 1)
/itemfontstyle = ("Arial", 2.25%, false, false, false, false, 5, 1)
/responsefontstyle = ("Arial", 2%, false, false, false, false, 5, 1)
/ txcolor = (0, 0, 0)
/questions = [1 = q01, q02, q03, q04, q05, q06, q07, q08, q09, q10, q11, q12, q13, q14, q15, q16, q17, q18, q19, q20, q21, q22, q23, q24]
/showpagenumbers = false
/showquestionnumbers = false
</surveypage>

Please provide the full code, i.e. something that actually is able to run. Please also clarify which version you are using.
daniel.h
daniel.h
Associate Member (95 reputation)Associate Member (95 reputation)Associate Member (95 reputation)Associate Member (95 reputation)Associate Member (95 reputation)Associate Member (95 reputation)Associate Member (95 reputation)Associate Member (95 reputation)Associate Member (95 reputation)
Sorry about that. the script it attached.

Attachments
04_HHATT.iqx (138 views, 15.00 KB)
daniel.h
daniel.h
daniel.h - 6/7/2021

Oh and using version
daniel.h
daniel.h
daniel.h - 6/7/2021
daniel.h - 6/7/2021

Oh and using version

version 6
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
daniel.h - 6/7/2021
daniel.h - 6/7/2021
daniel.h - 6/7/2021

Oh and using version

version 6

Which specific version? Help -> About... in Inquisit Lab, bottom of the Home / Browse tab in the Inquisit Web Player.

daniel.h
daniel.h

Platform: Windows
Version: 6.4.2 64bit (build 6307)

Dave
Dave
Dave - 6/7/2021
daniel.h - 6/7/2021
daniel.h - 6/7/2021
daniel.h - 6/7/2021

Oh and using version

version 6

Which specific version? Help -> About... in Inquisit Lab, bottom of the Home / Browse tab in the Inquisit Web Player.

I looked at the code and

. the navigation buttons appear at the correct location when the page loads but when I scroll down the buttons do not scroll with the rest of the items.

is the intended behavior. You explicitly positioned the navigation buttons at

and that is where they will remain when you scroll further down past 90% of the display height. They will not change positions and are not supposed to.

Either position the buttons at the very bottom of the page by either removing the /nextbuttonposition and /backbuttonposition attributes (they'll appear after all question automatically) or by explicitly placing them at approx. 310%

/ nextbuttonposition = (75%, 310%)
/ backbuttonposition = (25%, 310%)

Alternatively, consider splitting the 24 questions across several pages.

daniel.h
daniel.h

Thanks - That makes sense. I didn't realize they would automatically appear at the bottom unless I set them to a specific position on the screen.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search