What is redefinition of event 49 supposed to mean?

Author
Ida
New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I am currently collecting data with inquisit web.
Everything had been working fine so far, but now some of the participants always get the error " Redefinition of event 49." and can't complete the experiment.
Does anyone know why this might be happening?

The script element where the error occurs is called: ba_syntax06.iqx.trial.Auswahl.stimulustimes
This should be the following part of the syntax.
(For understanding: I have recreated a Likert scale, so that I can measure the exact answer latency and after the rating of one item the next one comes directly, without having to click further).

<trial Auswahl>
/ ontrialbegin = [values.select=list.Perspekive_Auswahl.nextvalue]
/ ontrialbegin = [if(values.select==1){values.bild_selector=list.Auswahl_Frau_Bild.nextvalue}else{
    values.bild_selector=list.Auswahl_Mann_Bild.nextvalue}]
/ stimulustimes = [0= text.Einleitung; 0=text.Geschlecht; 1000=list.Bild; 1010=xAchse1, shape.kasten1, shape.kasten1a, text.kasten_1,
shape.kasten2, shape.kasten2a, text.kasten_2,
shape.kasten3, shape.kasten3a, text.kasten_3,
shape.kasten4, shape.kasten4a, text.kasten_4,
shape.kasten5, shape.kasten5a, text.kasten_5,
text.Attraktivität_Beschreibungen_U, text.Attraktivität_Beschreibungen_A]
/ validresponse = ("1", "2", "3", "4", "5")
/ beginresponsetime = 1000
</trial>

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Ida - 7/1/2021
I am currently collecting data with inquisit web.
Everything had been working fine so far, but now some of the participants always get the error " Redefinition of event 49." and can't complete the experiment.
Does anyone know why this might be happening?

The script element where the error occurs is called: ba_syntax06.iqx.trial.Auswahl.stimulustimes
This should be the following part of the syntax.
(For understanding: I have recreated a Likert scale, so that I can measure the exact answer latency and after the rating of one item the next one comes directly, without having to click further).

<trial Auswahl>
/ ontrialbegin = [values.select=list.Perspekive_Auswahl.nextvalue]
/ ontrialbegin = [if(values.select==1){values.bild_selector=list.Auswahl_Frau_Bild.nextvalue}else{
    values.bild_selector=list.Auswahl_Mann_Bild.nextvalue}]
/ stimulustimes = [0= text.Einleitung; 0=text.Geschlecht; 1000=list.Bild; 1010=xAchse1, shape.kasten1, shape.kasten1a, text.kasten_1,
shape.kasten2, shape.kasten2a, text.kasten_2,
shape.kasten3, shape.kasten3a, text.kasten_3,
shape.kasten4, shape.kasten4a, text.kasten_4,
shape.kasten5, shape.kasten5a, text.kasten_5,
text.Attraktivität_Beschreibungen_U, text.Attraktivität_Beschreibungen_A]
/ validresponse = ("1", "2", "3", "4", "5")
/ beginresponsetime = 1000
</trial>

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

The problem is your trial timing, specifically here:

/ stimulustimes = [0= text.Einleitung; 0=text.Geschlecht; 1000=list.Bild; 1010=xAchse1, ...]

Depending on the participant's system's display refresh rate, 1000 and 1010 will fall into the exact same, single display frame. Mixing a list-selection and other stimuli in a single frame is not allowed, it is an attempt to redefine the events in that frame (which is what the error message means).

The solution is to increase the time between the two to something safe, so that things cannot possibly fall into the same, single frame on any given system. A value of 1030 should be enough to accomplish that.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search