Joystick support in Inquisit Web?

Author
Sercan
Partner Member (947 reputation)Partner Member (947 reputation)Partner Member (947 reputation)Partner Member (947 reputation)Partner Member (947 reputation)Partner Member (947 reputation)Partner Member (947 reputation)Partner Member (947 reputation)Partner Member (947 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
We're trying to run the joystick AAT in Inquisit Web, but we get an error: "Joystick not detected". The experiment works fine on the same computer but run through Inquisit Lab. What can we do?

Sercan
Sercan
Partner Member (947 reputation)Partner Member (947 reputation)Partner Member (947 reputation)Partner Member (947 reputation)Partner Member (947 reputation)Partner Member (947 reputation)Partner Member (947 reputation)Partner Member (947 reputation)Partner Member (947 reputation)
The joystick is a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, and it is being run on Windows 10, in Inquisit 6 Lab and Inquisit 6 Web.

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Sercan - 10/14/2021
The joystick is a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, and it is being run on Windows 10, in Inquisit 6 Lab and Inquisit 6 Web.

The current state of affairs is that Inquisit 6 requires the controller to be compatible with XInput under Windows. Controllers that only support the legacy DirectInput / DInput standard wiil not be recognized. As far as I can determine the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro does not support XInput, and I'd be very surprised if it worked under Inquisit 6 Lab (it would work under Inquisit 5 Lab, which still supported DirectInput controllers).

Sercan
Sercan
Dave - 10/14/2021
Sercan - 10/14/2021

The current state of affairs is that Inquisit 6 requires the controller to be compatible with XInput under Windows. Controllers that only support the legacy DirectInput / DInput standard wiil not be recognized. As far as I can determine the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro does not support XInput, and I'd be very surprised if it worked under Inquisit 6 Lab (it would work under Inquisit 5 Lab, which still supported DirectInput controllers).

Thank you, Dave. It appears the joystick worked on Inquisit Lab because I have Inquisit 5 installed locally, which the script is compatible with. The solution seems to be to run Inquisit 5 on the Web-version too. Can we do this with a license for Inquisit 6 for Web?

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Sercan - 10/14/2021
Dave - 10/14/2021
Sercan - 10/14/2021

Thank you, Dave. It appears the joystick worked on Inquisit Lab because I have Inquisit 5 installed locally, which the script is compatible with. The solution seems to be to run Inquisit 5 on the Web-version too. Can we do this with a license for Inquisit 6 for Web?

It depends on the license type. What's the account name?
Sercan
Sercan
Dave - 10/14/2021
Sercan - 10/14/2021
Dave - 10/14/2021
Sercan - 10/14/2021

mikerinck
Dave
Dave
Sercan - 10/14/2021
Dave - 10/14/2021
Sercan - 10/14/2021
Dave - 10/14/2021
Sercan - 10/14/2021

mikerinck

Thank you. That license is exclusively for version 6, but let me see what I can do and get back to you.
Dave
Dave
Dave - 10/14/2021
Sercan - 10/14/2021
Dave - 10/14/2021
Sercan - 10/14/2021
Dave - 10/14/2021
Sercan - 10/14/2021

mikerinck

Thank you. That license is exclusively for version 6, but let me see what I can do and get back to you.

We have added a courtesy Inquisit 5 Web license to the account so you can run the joystick AAT using version 5.0.14.0 on the web.
Sercan
Sercan
Dave - 10/14/2021
Dave - 10/14/2021
Sercan - 10/14/2021
Dave - 10/14/2021
Sercan - 10/14/2021
Dave - 10/14/2021
Sercan - 10/14/2021

mikerinck

We have added a courtesy Inquisit 5 Web license to the account so you can run the joystick AAT using version 5.0.14.0 on the web.

Thank you very much, Dave! This works perfectly.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search