Issue balancing experiments

Author
swifty_the_fox
Associate Member (141 reputation)Associate Member (141 reputation)Associate Member (141 reputation)Associate Member (141 reputation)Associate Member (141 reputation)Associate Member (141 reputation)Associate Member (141 reputation)Associate Member (141 reputation)Associate Member (141 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello guys,

I am having trouble with getting all my experiments to be balanced between subjects.

I am planning on utilizing Query Parameter for MTurk, and embedding the query parameter to the end of the Qualtrics survey URL, which should work to keep track of participants when they are redirected to the Qualtrics survey after the experiment. I am also planning on utilizing "Sequential" for how group ID should be determined (7 groups total), to keep things balanced there. These two conditions make sense, and I believe they will work.

However...

I ran this batch file to run 7 conditions, but the last condition "example7.iqx", is not being ran at all... What am I doing wrong?

<batch>
/ groupassignment = random
/ subjects = (1 of 7)
/ file="example1.iqx"
</batch>

<batch>
/ subjects = (2 of 7)
/ file="example2.iqx"
</batch>

<batch>
/ subjects = (3 of 7)
/ file="example3.iqx"
</batch>

<batch>
/ subjects = (4 of 7)
/ file="example4.iqx"
</batch>

<batch>
/ subjects = (5 of 7)
/ file="example5.iqx"
</batch>

<batch>
/ subjects = (6 of 7)
/ file="example6.iqx"
</batch>

<batch>
/ subjects = (7 of 7)
/ file="example7.iqx"
</batch>
swifty_the_fox
swifty_the_fox
Associate Member (141 reputation)Associate Member (141 reputation)Associate Member (141 reputation)Associate Member (141 reputation)Associate Member (141 reputation)Associate Member (141 reputation)Associate Member (141 reputation)Associate Member (141 reputation)Associate Member (141 reputation)
swifty_the_fox - 12/11/2021
Hello guys,

I am having trouble with getting all my experiments to be balanced between subjects.

I am planning on utilizing Query Parameter for MTurk, and embedding the query parameter to the end of the Qualtrics survey URL, which should work to keep track of participants when they are redirected to the Qualtrics survey after the experiment. I am also planning on utilizing "Sequential" for how group ID should be determined (7 groups total), to keep things balanced there. These two conditions make sense, and I believe they will work.

However...

I ran this batch file to run 7 conditions, but the last condition "example7.iqx", is not being ran at all... What am I doing wrong?

<batch>
/ subjects = (1 of 7)
/ file="example1.iqx"
</batch>

<batch>
/ subjects = (2 of 7)
/ file="example2.iqx"
</batch>

<batch>
/ subjects = (3 of 7)
/ file="example3.iqx"
</batch>

<batch>
/ subjects = (4 of 7)
/ file="example4.iqx"
</batch>

<batch>
/ subjects = (5 of 7)
/ file="example5.iqx"
</batch>

<batch>
/ subjects = (6 of 7)
/ file="example6.iqx"
</batch>

<batch>
/ subjects = (7 of 7)
/ file="example7.iqx"
</batch>

I am swapping /groupassignment = random for /groupassignment = groupnumber
Maybe that's the fix :)
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hello guys,

However...

<batch>
/ subjects = (1 of 7)
/ file="example1.iqx"
</batch>

<batch>
/ subjects = (2 of 7)
/ file="example2.iqx"
</batch>

<batch>
/ subjects = (3 of 7)
/ file="example3.iqx"
</batch>

<batch>
/ subjects = (4 of 7)
/ file="example4.iqx"
</batch>

<batch>
/ subjects = (5 of 7)
/ file="example5.iqx"
</batch>

<batch>
/ subjects = (6 of 7)
/ file="example6.iqx"
</batch>

<batch>
/ subjects = (7 of 7)
/ file="example7.iqx"
</batch>

Yes, if you want batch conditions assigned by the sequential group number generated per your online experiment's settings, you need to choose /groupassignment = groupnumber.
swifty_the_fox
swifty_the_fox
Dave - 12/13/2021
Hello guys,

However...

<batch>
/ subjects = (1 of 7)
/ file="example1.iqx"
</batch>

<batch>
/ subjects = (2 of 7)
/ file="example2.iqx"
</batch>

<batch>
/ subjects = (3 of 7)
/ file="example3.iqx"
</batch>

<batch>
/ subjects = (4 of 7)
/ file="example4.iqx"
</batch>

<batch>
/ subjects = (5 of 7)
/ file="example5.iqx"
</batch>

<batch>
/ subjects = (6 of 7)
/ file="example6.iqx"
</batch>

<batch>
/ subjects = (7 of 7)
/ file="example7.iqx"
</batch>

Yes, if you want batch conditions assigned by the sequential group number generated per your online experiment's settings, you need to choose /groupassignment = groupnumber.

Awesome! It worked when I ran testing yesterday. Thanks for the reply :)
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search