Quit test on mobile app

Author
Heidi Umbach Hansen
Respected Member (434 reputation)Respected Member (434 reputation)Respected Member (434 reputation)Respected Member (434 reputation)Respected Member (434 reputation)Respected Member (434 reputation)Respected Member (434 reputation)Respected Member (434 reputation)Respected Member (434 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I've programmed 10 tests that will be adminstered online using a batch script. I've inserted a reminder in the bottom left corner that instructs participants to press "Ctrl + q" to quit the current test (shown during all trials in all tests). I would like to know if the following is possible:
1. For those using the Inquisit mobile app, is it possible to insert a box or similar which participants can press in order to quit the current test? I know it's possible to simply close the app in order to quit the test in its entirity, but would love an option where only the test that is running ends, and they can continue with the rest of the test battery.
2. I would like the "ctrl + q" instruction to only be visible to those using a computer, and the mobile option to end the current test to only be visible to those using the mobile app. Is this possible?

Heidi

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Heidi Umbach Hansen - 12/22/2021
Hi,

I've programmed 10 tests that will be adminstered online using a batch script. I've inserted a reminder in the bottom left corner that instructs participants to press "Ctrl + q" to quit the current test (shown during all trials in all tests). I would like to know if the following is possible:
1. For those using the Inquisit mobile app, is it possible to insert a box or similar which participants can press in order to quit the current test? I know it's possible to simply close the app in order to quit the test in its entirity, but would love an option where only the test that is running ends, and they can continue with the rest of the test battery.
2. I would like the "ctrl + q" instruction to only be visible to those using a computer, and the mobile option to end the current test to only be visible to those using the mobile app. Is this possible?

Heidi

There are built-in ways to quit a script on mobile / touch devices, detailed at https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/v6/html/howto/howtokeyboardcommands.htm

You can set a suitable reminder text depending on whether the given device has a keyboard or not. Take a look how instiructions are adapted in most library scripts (e.g. https://www.millisecond.com/download/library/v6/baddeley/ ), see the various buttoninstruct expressions.

Heidi Umbach Hansen
Heidi Umbach Hansen
Respected Member (434 reputation)Respected Member (434 reputation)Respected Member (434 reputation)Respected Member (434 reputation)Respected Member (434 reputation)Respected Member (434 reputation)Respected Member (434 reputation)Respected Member (434 reputation)Respected Member (434 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - 12/22/2021
Hi,

Heidi

There are built-in ways to quit a script on mobile / touch devices, detailed at https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/v6/html/howto/howtokeyboardcommands.htm

You can set a suitable reminder text depending on whether the given device has a keyboard or not. Take a look how instiructions are adapted in most library scripts (e.g. https://www.millisecond.com/download/library/v6/baddeley/ ), see the various buttoninstruct expressions.

Hi,

Okay thanks. The function "drawing a Z with two fingers" did not work when I tested on my iphone.

Heidi

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Dave - 12/22/2021
Hi,

Heidi

Hi,

Okay thanks. The function "drawing a Z with two fingers" did not work when I tested on my iphone.

Heidi

It works, make sure you cover most of the screen width with the horizontal strokes.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search