Help, Can't Solve

Author
oconnordavid15
Respected Member (477 reputation)Respected Member (477 reputation)Respected Member (477 reputation)Respected Member (477 reputation)Respected Member (477 reputation)Respected Member (477 reputation)Respected Member (477 reputation)Respected Member (477 reputation)Respected Member (477 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

I am looking for help editing this completed script.

We are looking to edit the # of boxes in the trial from 50 to 9.

I think someone with experience may find this easy, while my head is hurting.

Sincerely,
David
Attachments
Grzella Box Task.docx (200 views, 25.00 KB)
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
oconnordavid15 - 1/4/2022
Hello,

Sincerely,
David

Well, then you need to also adjust the specified color sequences for each trial. You didn't say how you plan to do this, so you need to flesh out how you specifically want to modify the task before anybody can help you.
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Dave - 1/4/2022
Hello,

Sincerely,
David

Well, then you need to also adjust the specified color sequences for each trial. You didn't say how you plan to do this, so you need to flesh out how you specifically want to modify the task before anybody can help you.

Here's a start you can work off from. If you have questions about how that script works, I suggest you contact its original authors.
Attachments
experiment.iqx (184 views, 77.00 KB)
oconnordavid15
oconnordavid15
Respected Member (477 reputation)Respected Member (477 reputation)Respected Member (477 reputation)Respected Member (477 reputation)Respected Member (477 reputation)Respected Member (477 reputation)Respected Member (477 reputation)Respected Member (477 reputation)Respected Member (477 reputation)
Dave - 1/4/2022
Hello,

Sincerely,
David

You are absolutely right, thank you Dave, this is Base Script with editing parameters.
Attachments
Box Task.docx (190 views, 28.00 KB)
oconnordavid15
oconnordavid15
Dave - 1/4/2022
Dave - 1/4/2022
Hello,

Sincerely,
David

Here's a start you can work off from. If you have questions about how that script works, I suggest you contact its original authors.

Thank you! I'll take a look, really appreciate the head start.
oconnordavid15
oconnordavid15
Dave - 1/4/2022
Dave - 1/4/2022
Hello,

Sincerely,
David

Wow, how did you do this
Dave
Dave
Dave - 1/4/2022
Dave - 1/4/2022
Hello,

Sincerely,
David

Wow, how did you do this

If you want an overview of the changes, load the original script and the edited one into a diff tool (e.g. WinMerge if you're working on Windows) and that'll show you exactly what the edits were. It's pretty straightforward actually.

Attachments
diff_report.zip (138 views, 30.00 KB)
oconnordavid15
oconnordavid15
Dave - 1/4/2022
Dave - 1/4/2022
Dave - 1/4/2022
Hello,

Sincerely,
David

Wow, how did you do this

If you want an overview of the changes, load the original script and the edited one into a diff tool (e.g. WinMerge if you're working on Windows) and that'll show you exactly what the edits were. It's pretty straightforward actually.

Great idea, thank you Dave, got us halfway there!
oconnordavid15
oconnordavid15
Dave - 1/4/2022
Dave - 1/4/2022
Dave - 1/4/2022
Hello,

Sincerely,
David

Wow, how did you do this

Wait seriously, this is awesome, is there any way I could give you awards or something? We wanted to do 10 trials with 9 boxes, and 10 trials with 64 boxes for a total of 20 trials. Colors are arbitrary at the moment
Dave
Dave
Dave - 1/4/2022
Dave - 1/4/2022
Dave - 1/4/2022
Hello,

Sincerely,
David

Wow, how did you do this

Wait seriously, this is awesome, is there any way I could give you awards or something? We wanted to do 10 trials with 9 boxes, and 10 trials with 64 boxes for a total of 20 trials. Colors are arbitrary at the moment

Well, you already know how to do more boxes -- the original had 50 after all. And you also have a script that does 9. So add a trial and block that works with 64 and adjust the position variables accordingly in that block's /onblockbegin section. In general, refer to the comments throughout the script, what the original authors put there explains things fairly well.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search