Problems with registering Inquisit on my laptop.

Author
Eva
Partner Member (562 reputation)Partner Member (562 reputation)Partner Member (562 reputation)Partner Member (562 reputation)Partner Member (562 reputation)Partner Member (562 reputation)Partner Member (562 reputation)Partner Member (562 reputation)Partner Member (562 reputation)
Group: Forum Members

I'm trying to register Inquisit 3.0 on my Toshiba Portege laptop (which has Windows Vista), but when I type in the Registration Key I keep getting the following message:

In register Inquisit, you must be logged in with
administrative privileges on the local machine. Please log into the local
machine with an account that is a member of the local machine’s Administrators
group.

I'm definitely logged in as the administrator, so I'm not really sure what's going on. Is this something on Inquisit's end, or do I need to check in with the Toshiba customer support? What else can I try to get Inquisit registered?

Thanks, Eva

seandr
seandr
Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)
Group: Administrators

Hi Eva,

Most likely this is Vista's "User Account Control" feature.

Try right-clicking the Inquisit icon on the desktop, then select the "Run as administrator" command. You should then be able to register Inquisit. Once it's registered, you can launch Inquisit in the normal way.

-Sean

Eva
Eva
Partner Member (562 reputation)Partner Member (562 reputation)Partner Member (562 reputation)Partner Member (562 reputation)Partner Member (562 reputation)Partner Member (562 reputation)Partner Member (562 reputation)Partner Member (562 reputation)Partner Member (562 reputation)
Group: Forum Members

Worked perfectly -- thank you!

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search