Limits of Conditional Branching

Author
adkatz2
Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)
Group: Forum Members

I have a questionnaire at the end of my protocol, which  I want to pose to  mental health providers (psychologists, counselors, social workers) but not to doctors and nurses.  So based on how the P responds to one of my demographic questions, they either would or would not complete the last block of questionnaire elements.  Is this possible?

I've been reading up on conditional branching, but I am worried that this function of Inquisit 2.0 may not do what I need it to do.  It seems to adjust the dynamic flow of the experiment, serving to alter what immediately follows the response condition, rather than adjusting elements that are not adjacent to it in the protocol sequence.  Also, my condition is a response on a trial element that would influence a block element, while the conditional branching info specifies that the condition and the response have to be the same kind of element.

Bottom line:  Is my goal feasible and if so, what would I need to learn to make it happen?

Thanks,

--Andy

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators

Hi Andy,

I think it would be helpful if you could assemble a "minimal" version of your protocol (i.e. something that replicates its general structure, but with less items, trials, etc.) and attach this script to this thread (-> see the 'Options' tab when replying). That would help me to possibly come up with a suitable solution for the case at hand.

Regards,

~Dave

adkatz2
adkatz2
Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Hi, Dave.

Thanks for your patience while I put this together.  I used asterix marks in the script to add additional commentary/explanation.  I hope you can advise me on a work-around.

Take care,

--Andy

Attachments
sample.exp (354 views, 9.00 KB)
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators

Hi Andy,

thanks for providing the example script. The revised version attached to this post should do the trick.

Cheers,

~Dave

Attachments
sample_revised.exp (333 views, 10.00 KB)
adkatz2
adkatz2

Very nifty, thanks!  So all it took was those three lines?

/correct response =

/branch = 1

/branch =0

I take it that for those who answer "incorrectly," I can designate that they begin the block that skips the undesired questionnaire (in this case going to the debriefing block).  I'll try to replicate this tomorrow in the full file.

This protocol is just about wrapped up, but expect a couple of additional (hopefully easy novice) questions, before I'm done.  :-]

Take care,

--Andy

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search