Dropdown listsize

Author
ericeric
Expert (1.4K reputation)Expert (1.4K reputation)Expert (1.4K reputation)Expert (1.4K reputation)Expert (1.4K reputation)Expert (1.4K reputation)Expert (1.4K reputation)Expert (1.4K reputation)Expert (1.4K reputation)
Group: Forum Members

I have been struggling to change the height of the dropdown list, so that you can see the entire larger test within it.  The / listsize = (100px,200px) height of 100px changes the width, but the height will not change.  I have tried size and other attributes as well. What is going wrong here?

<survey demographics>
/ pages = [1=schoolname]
/ fontstyle = ("Verdana", 18, false, false, false, false, 5, 0)
/ itemfontstyle = ("Verdana", 24, false, false, false, false, 5, 0)
/ itemspacing = 4%
/ showpagenumbers = false
</survey>

<surveypage schoolname>
/ fontstyle = ("Verdana", -24, false, false, false, false, 5, 0)
/ questions = [1=school_name]
</surveypage>

<dropdown school_name>
/ caption = "Please Select your School"
/ options = ("List","of","Schools")
/ listsize = (100px,200px)
</dropdown>

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators

Changing the height of a dropdown list does not make much sense. It's height will automatically be determined by the number of options.

The listsize attribute's height setting effectively only applies to listbox elements, that's where it may make sense for layout purposes:

<survey demographics>
/ pages = [1=schoolname]
/ itemspacing = 4%
</survey>

<surveypage schoolname>
</surveypage>

<listbox school_name>
</listbox>

Regards,

~Dave

ericeric
ericeric
Expert (1.4K reputation)Expert (1.4K reputation)Expert (1.4K reputation)Expert (1.4K reputation)Expert (1.4K reputation)Expert (1.4K reputation)Expert (1.4K reputation)Expert (1.4K reputation)Expert (1.4K reputation)

Thanks for the response Dave-

Is there a way to ensure that the entire 1st item is visible before you click on the dropdown list?  Right now the initial dropdown only has a height of about 12pt font, and doesn't expand to show the entire 18pt like I want.

-Eric

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)

Is there a way to ensure that the entire 1st item is visible before you click on the dropdown list?

For that you would have to specify the 1st item as /defaultresponse:

<survey demographics>
/ pages = [1=schoolname]
/ itemspacing = 4%
</survey>

<surveypage schoolname>
</surveypage>

<dropdown school_name>
/ defaultresponse = "List"
</dropdown>

All in all, though, it seems like using a <listbox> instead of a <dropdown> might be the better option, i.e., closer to what you want layout-wise.

Regards,

~Dave

ericeric
ericeric

Sorry for the confusion- A picture might be a better way to visualize my issue (see below).  I would like to increase the height so that 'List' is visible.

Dave
Dave

This may be a Mac-specific issue. First off: Is your Inquisit version up to date or are you still using any of the beta versions? The latest release can always be obtained via http://www.millisecond.com/download/. If your installation is outdated, please install the latest release and check if the issue persists. Please report back with the result.

If the issue is present in the latest version, you are hitting a platform-specific display bug in Inquisit 4 for Mac.

Apart from that, I repeat my recommendation re. using <listbox> instead.

Thanks,

~Dave

ericeric
ericeric

Yes it is the most current version (4.0.2), and on a Mac (10.7.5).

The listbox solves the problem, so I suppose we'll make due with that.

Thanks,

Eric

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search