Millisecond Forums

How to link Inquisit Web Experiment with Unipark

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic15956.aspx

By mrsresearch - 4/9/2015

Hi everyone,

I'm a Newbie and my question is how the link looks like to get at the end of the Inquisit web experiment to a unipark survey. The test persons should enter their email adress there if they would like to participate at the competition. We want to get their email adresses without an inference to their Inquisit results.

This is my first try, but it doesn't work:

/ caption = "Vielen Dank nochmal für Ihre Teilnahme!
Möchten Sie an dem Gewinnspiel teilnehmen? Wenn Sie auf ja klicken, werden Sie automatisch weitergeleitet, um Ihre Emailadresse unabhängig von Ihren Daten und anonymisiert für die Verlosung einzugeben. "
/ options = ("Ja, ich möchte am Gewinnspiel teilnehmen", "Nein, ich habe kein Interesse am Gewinnspiel teilzunehmen")
/ required = true

/caption = "GEWINNSPIELTEILNAHME:"
/ questions = [1= Gewinnspiel]
/ showquestionnumbers = false
/showquestionnumbers = false
/ nextlabel = "Weiter"
/ branch = [if(radiobuttons.Gewinnspiel.response=="Ja, ich möchte am Gewinnspiel teilnehmen") defaults.finishpage="http://www.google.de"]

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance!
By Dave - 4/9/2015

What makes you think it doesn't work?
By Dave - 4/10/2015

To elaborate, the reason why I asked the above question is that "it doesn't work" can mean any number of things. E.g.
- When running this in Inquisit Lab, but when the script finishes no browser is opened with the URL of the finish page (it isn't supposed to; that'll only happen when running the script on the web).
- Or: For some reason the defaults.finishpage property isn't set to the expected value (the question here is: How did you check and is the property manipulated in any other places throughout the script? Another question is: Is your Inquisit version up to date?).
- Or: When run via the web, while the property is set as expected, the redirection doesn't work. (Questions here: Which browser, OS, and launch method? Does this happen for all browsers and/or launch methods or only a specific combination?)

In other words: I'd like to know what exactly you've observed and how you tested this. That'll allow me to narrow down the cause of the problem.

FWIW, when running e.g.

<block myblock>
/ trials = [1=mypage; 2=mytrial]
</block>

<surveypage mypage>
/caption = "GEWINNSPIELTEILNAHME:"
/ questions = [1= Gewinnspiel]
/ showquestionnumbers = false
/showquestionnumbers = false
/ nextlabel = "Weiter"
/ branch = [if(radiobuttons.Gewinnspiel.response=="Ja, ich möchte am Gewinnspiel teilnehmen") defaults.finishpage="http://www.google.de"]
</surveypage>

<radiobuttons Gewinnspiel>
/ caption = "Vielen Dank nochmal für Ihre Teilnahme!
Möchten Sie an dem Gewinnspiel teilnehmen? Wenn Sie auf ja klicken, werden Sie automatisch weitergeleitet, um Ihre Emailadresse unabhängig von Ihren Daten und anonymisiert für die Verlosung einzugeben. "
/ options = ("Ja, ich möchte am Gewinnspiel teilnehmen", "Nein, ich habe kein Interesse am Gewinnspiel teilzunehmen")
/ required = true
</radiobuttons>

<trial mytrial>
/ stimulusframes = [1=mytext]
/ validresponse = (57)
</trial>

<text mytext>
/ items = ("The finish page is set to: <%defaults.finishpage%>")
</text>

in Inquisit Lab 4.0.8.0, the property is set as expected as far as I can tell.