Millisecond Forums

problem selecting video to play (as feedback) contingent of subject response

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic16982.aspx

By cherkaso - 8/18/2015

Hi,
I have modified the Iowa Gambling Task to present reinforcing feedback cues (sound and video) on win trials, depending on the deck selected.  There is no problem presenting a specific sound or picture file, depending on the deck selected, e.g.:
/ ontrialend = [ if (trial.igt.response == "deck1") {picture.deck1.item.1 = "deckon.jpg"; sound.bigwin.item.1 = "Bigwin.wav";}]
/ ontrialend = [ if (trial.igt.response == "deck3") {picture.deck1.item.1 = "deckon.jpg"; sound.bigwin.item.1 = "Smallwin.wav";}]

However, this does not work for video files.  If I use the same syntax as above, i.e. :
/ ontrialend = [ if (trial.igt.response == "deck1") {picture.deck1.item.1 = "deckon.jpg"; sound.bigwin.item.1 = "Bigwin.wav"; video.vid1.item.1 = "face money.gif";}]
/ ontrialend = [ if (trial.igt.response == "deck3") {picture.deck3.item.1 = "deckon.jpg"; sound.bigwin.item.1 = "Smallwin.wav"; video.vid1.item.1 = "face money1.gif";}]
with the the stimulus frame called during trial feedback being vid1, vid1 fails to be set to the video file in quotes.  If I change the syntax to video.vid1.items = "face money.gif" and video.vid1.items = "face money1.gif", the video files are presented randomly, not according to the specified contingency.

I would very much appreciate some help with this!

By Dave - 8/18/2015

The proper way to do this is something along the lines of

<video vid1>
/items = videoitems
/ select = values.video
</video>

<item videoitems>
/ 1 = "face money.gif"
/ 2 = "face money1.gif"
</item>

<values>
/ video = 1
</values>

with

/ ontrialend = [ if (trial.igt.response == "deck1") {picture.deck1.item.1 = "deckon.jpg";...; values.video = 1;}]
/ ontrialend = [ if (trial.igt.response == "deck3") {picture.deck3.item.1 = "deckon.jpg"; ...; values.video = 2;}]
By cherkaso - 8/20/2015

Great thank you, that works!